Good Times and Boxed Whine

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Sunday November, 13 2005

Sunday, November 13, 2005

My first outing since ......
I woke up with Dominic giving my tea in bed. He's such a wonderful kid. I couldn't ask for a better son. Really!!! Considering everything he's had to deal with, with my illness; doctor visits, being sick, chemo, pills, hospital stays, 911 calls ect... He still seems to keep on trucking and always have a smile on his face. He doesn't deserve this. Me being sick. No one deserves the stress I've put in their life with this dumb disease I have; not Michael, not D, not mom or dad not Nick or any of my other family members or friends, but especially for the people who live with me and have to deal with my limits everyday. I wish I could be more normal so to say at least for Dominic's sake. I miss the days of bike riding with him and playing chase but I guess he understands. I hope he does....Today was my first outing since coming home from the hospital and all though I was extremely excited about getting out and putting on clothes other than PJ's and wearing make up and a bra it didn't go as well as I had planned it to. I must say I looked good. (I know that sounds a little over confident but I did). I've lost 15 pounds on my new "Chest tube Diet." LOL!!! And I feel better about my appearance because of it. I wore more makeup than I have in a very long time. Did my hair and even, get this, wore a skirt that showed my legs (a little). So I must of been feeling good about myself or the drugs haven't wore off yet and they are playing tricks on me. So we started off with going to church which at times doing the pew exercises that Episcopals and Catholics alike make you do had me a little bit winded so I ended up sitting for most of the time but it still was nice going to church and getting out. Next we went to the grocery store which there was probably were we went wrong. I did fine at church but walking around the isles and trying to get food for the next two weeks wore the hell out of me. I started to cough and get real winded and worn out. I had to sit and let Dominic and Mike do the rest. I felt like such a handicap that I couldn't even get the grocery list done but Mike and Dominic like always stayed positive and finished it for me. Both of them at different times told me that they were proud of me for doing as much as I did for only being home for a week, but for anyone that knows me, knows that it's hard to have to rely on others to do things for me. So after that we went right home and since I was having some pain in my chest I took a vicodin which was my first one in three days and took a long winters (ok I know it's still fall but still) nap. I panned on cooking dinner for them tonight as well actually I had planned on doing a lot like help clean the house, do laundry and help Mike with the spare bedroom but have come to the conclusion that I'm just not ready yet. My strength is not fully back yet and so I have to suck it up and rely on my love ones to help me out still. Tomorrow is a new day and I don't have any plans to leave the house so I think I'll fold clothes while watching the lovely day time shows. Just kidding I hate daytime TV. That is the main reason why I want my strength back so I can go back to work and not be stuck here watching the dumb shows that they show in the daytime. I feel bad for anyone who stays home because there really isn't nothing to watch until 3pm when Dr. Phil is on. Getting tired again so I'm signing off. I enjoy writing my blog even though it may just be mumble jumble it seems to be my highlight of the day sometimes and I like being able to express myself with out having to worry about offending anyone because this is my blog, my thoughts and my ideas. No one else's. Have a Happy Happy Sunday!!!!!C.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home