Good Times and Boxed Whine

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Calling all 30 year olds

San Diego has been a good place for us. I can’t complain a whole lot. I mean beautiful weather, barely rains. Warm days and cool nights. Great tacos and ok Chinese. Seaworld, Disney not to far away, great concerts and beaches, and minutes away from Mexico. It really could be considered paradise to some people. Me even; if I don’t take into consideration, the traffic, gas prices and the lack of support we have here. Don’t get me wrong, we have support. We have in laws and cousins out the wood works for Dominic and both Mike parents are with in driving distance so again you really can’t ask for to much more. But what I’m venting again about (yes I have done this already) is the lack of friends. We’ve been here for a year now and still haven’t met too many people. We are so used to having so many “couple” friends that it was weird when we had a weekend with just the 2 or 3 of us home alone. Now it’s the opposite. I really miss just having people over and hanging out. You know maybe over for dinner or order a pizza and watch a movie, some sort of sport if it was up to the guys and/or play games. Here we don’t have that.

Maybe it’s the whole big city living where everyone has to be on the go all the time. Has to go to a bar or pub or even a night club to have fun. For us or me that gets old after awhile. Don’t get me wrong. I’m not a home body by any means (I’m turning into one here though) but sometimes you have to kind of relax and unwind. Seems like the people we meet here there isn’t time for that. I don’t know maybe we are looking in the wrong places for friends. I’m not sure. I mean Mike’s work is very small. He works with like 8 guys and most of them are single. So they are at a different chapter in their lives. I mean they are the ones that want to go clubbing and think it’s probably dull to have get togethers at each others houses. I work with a very small group of people as well. And one is very young 24 and so she’s like Mike’s guys at his work, she wants to go out and party in Mexico and go to clubs and what not. I don’t blame them I mean I was doing the same thing at their age. It just seems that we are having a hard time finding people in our age group. You know 30’s even late 20’s or 40’s would be ok. People who have already did the bar scene and enjoy a good conversation over a 10 cover charge to get into a bar and an 8 beer to boot. Where are the people our age? Do they not live in San Diego? Honestly we have only a few friends that are our age and that would be interested in just hanging out. They are Art/Jenny and Cheryl/John. My friend Honey is also into hanging out but to track her down takes forever, and another friend Annette but she has two girls that keep her very busy as well.

Saturday we are having people over. Rain or Shine and of course those will be some of the few that show up probably but it just seems like to live in San Diego you have to be in your early or mid 20’s or going through a mid life crisis since they say 40 is the new 20. Well actually saying that kind of gives me hope. I’ll be 40 in 7 years so I guess at that age I will do a 180 and want to go clubbing again. I guess it could be worse I could be living where it snows still and have to worry about that. Life isn’t all that bad. I just really miss hanging with fun people. Maybe its homesickness, I don’t know. Hell I’ve moved so much, it’s hard for me to even know what home is anymore.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:32 AM, Blogger Rex White said…

    lol... welcome to our world! No worries - keep your head up. It does seem like it takes longer the older you get to make friends in new places, but it happens in time.

     
  • At 2:01 PM, Blogger Schmoop said…

    You're 33 and live in the Sun...Life not's too bad for ya, says the 41 year old soon to be snowed in Ohioan : )

    Hope all is well!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home