Good Times and Boxed Whine

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Oh the joys of having an old ladies body.

So we have planned all week to have friends over for cocktails and appetizers since we all haven’t got together in a long time. Sadly I had to cancel. I have been fighting all week something with my chest. Wasn’t really a cold, because I never really felt achy or had a fever or anything, I think its more something to do with my allergies. So, all week Mike and I have been planning and getting ready for a night filled with, junk food (yes I’m going on that dumb counting calorie diet on Monday), booze, friends and laughter. Inside we had hoped for the best (me not to get any sicker) but expected the worst. So last night we went to bed early, shut the windows and only used fans in the room so all the outdoor pollen wouldn’t come in and bother me anymore, and actually spelt to about 8:30am; again hoping that I would feel better for our fun filled evening. But of course our luck wasn’t on our side; I still woke up coughing, winded and with all the signs of my allergies bothering me. Anyone who has allergies knows what I’m talking about, ears ringing/hurting, teeth aching, eyes itching, winded and chest feeling tight. We still ignored all the signs trying to plan for our big night. We got the laundry done, beds made, dusted, vacuumed, and windows windexed. Clean up the yard and went and bought some wine, rum and vodka. So its noon now and instepreparingarring the toasted raviolis which is a huge St. Louis appetizer I wanted to share with all my CA friends, I am laid up on the couch, overdosed with Benedril and cold medicine and texting, calling, and emailing everyone that had planned to come. Man, I hate myself sometimes. I wish I didn’t have allergies or lung issues especially when we plan and look forward to having people over. Oh well, my health is more important but I’m sure let down about tonight. We’ll reschedule for another week but its so hard now with Dominic’s football season, so it may not be until mid October until we can do it again but we’ll do it.

So tonight instead of everything we had planned, I think we are going to enjoy another night watching movies (if there isn’t some great football game Mike has to watch) still eating toasted raviolis, and maybe having a glass of wine or two. Instead of getting dressed I’ll take my shower now and put on my favorite PJ’s and call it a night. Who knows maybe a day of nothing will cure my dumb allergies enough so that tomorrow we can actually get out of the house and go to the pool or the beach before the water gets to cold.

Itching my eyes and wiping my runny nose,
Carmen

2 Comments:

  • At 7:15 PM, Blogger Granny said…

    Sorry you're feeling puny and hope it's better soon.

    Thanks for the comment earlier today. I was going to email you and then decided to respond here since I was here anyhow.

    Take care of yourself.

     
  • At 6:53 AM, Blogger Kristen said…

    Allergies are terrible. They knock me out, too. Hope you feel better soon.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home