Good Times and Boxed Whine

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Life is one big circle

It's funny how life is one big circle. Seems like things roll around and come back to you in full circle. I'm saying this because I have lately notice that friends that I lost over the years, just from being in different places or directions in life are now back in my life. Old high school friends I' m talking about and old Navy friends that we had back in Key West are back in our lives. Funny how life is like that. You loose touch with people and then after years (close to 15 for some) they enter back into your life. You see I'm found this great place called "myspace" I'm sure you all or atleast most of you have already heard of this place but I was never up on it until July. Since then I swear I've ran into more old friends from highschool that I always wondered what happened to them but never knew how to get a hold or find them. Actually if it wasn't for myspace I would not of found Dominic's Godmom again. We lost touch pretty much after the baptism isn't that terrible? Ten years later I find her and now she's back in our lives again just like she never left. I also found Emily who was my dearest and closest friend in highschool and right after highschool, I lived with her for a year or so after highschool and I always felt like a piece of me was gone when we lost touch. Well again I found her or actually her brother on myspace and now she's back into my life and I feel great having two very special women in my life that I lost touch with back in it.
I've also have found so many other highschool friends that I thought I'd never see again. I actually at times am dreaming that I'm back in highschool and I have to pinch myself to remind myself that it's been a long time since 1992. It's just cool that we all have found each other again and are talking and catching up on eachother lives. Sort of like an online reunion. Some people I thought would of died off because they were the biggest drug users in highschool and now they are moms and dads and have a normal life. Other did the complete opposite. They were so against it back then but now are covered in tattoos and say they smoke, drink and do drug just to start their daily life. Others I thought would never leave our home town of Key West are living else where and haven't returned since graduation and some who swore that they'd leave ASAP are still down there.
To me its just a complete amazement how all our lives ended up. Back in 1992 probably none of us imagined any of our lives would be the way they are now. Or more so we never imagined eachothers lives would end up the way they were. I just love it. I love meeting new friends but I love even more reconnecting with old ones.
Funny life's circles. I swore off country music after I moved out of Emily's place back in 1993 ish and now I am listening to it as I type. Maybe it is just bringing back old memories, good memories of when I was healthy and feeling alive and well. I still have those days. Actually while I was making my pasta for dinner tonight, I found myself swaying to the music. No one would of ever new I was one big handicap if it wasn't for the oxygen plug wrapped up in my bun of hair so I don't get it caught in the gas stove. I hope its not depression; the reason why I'm listening to country because back then I only listen to it when I had some silly highschool crush or Navy boy crush that went sour. Nah, I not depressed I feel to good right now to be depressed. It must be just wanting to think of old times and good health.

Well they say you only are as sick as you feel. Well today I don't feel bad at all so I guess positive thinking is a good thing, because I have a smile on my face and I'm ready to two step with anyone who wants to dance....

1 Comments:

  • At 3:34 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Yeah, you gotta love good ol Myspace. :) I wish I could find a few more people, but I can't remember last names worth a damn and I don't have a yearbook handy. LOL

     

Post a Comment

<< Home