Good Times and Boxed Whine

Thursday, April 26, 2007

long week coming to a close

This week has been a VERY long week for me. I am feeling pretty darn good (knock on wood) but Michael has had the flu since Saturday so I really had to step up this week and help more than I normally do. Actually I am pretty proud of myself that I was able to do more than I thought I was able to do physically but I think it was because mentally I felt great this week. I had to do both the cooking and the cleaning which usually we share the jobs and go to work and help Dominic with his homework, but I also had to help Mike because he was not only sick but he had shoulder surgery 2 weeks ago and so he is still not able to use his arm for anther 2-5 weeks. So when push comes to shove I am able to step up to the plate but man it really makes me realize how bad these lungs are. I guess they aren't to bad because like I said I was able to step up to the plate this week (with the help of Dominic and man he was a big help) but I'm exhausted. Tomorrow is Friday and thank God for that because I am so looking forward to sleeping in and enjoying time away from work and not having to get up early and what not. Plus Mike is just now starting to feel a little better but I haven't seen him this sick ever. I mean he gets his occasionally sniffles and hang overs like us all but the poor guy lost like 15 pounds since his surgery. He got the flu bad and he got the freaking flu shot. Makes you wonder if it's really worth getting the shot.
So the weekend is coming; we plan on straightening up the patio since we really haven't had a chance since Loreen left because of rain and Michael getting sick, and doing a little around the house. Cleaners come on Monday which is perfect since all our guest are coming Tuesday afternoon. I'm so excited to see my Aunt and Uncle and Grandma and of course my parents and Bro but I never thought any other family would ever visit us since they didn't in CT. and now they are. We are going to have so much fun. I'm limited to stuff as everyone knows but the good thing is I finally have a scooter so I can do more things that include walking because Yvonne was nice enough to sell me her mothers who has sadly passed away. I hate the fact that I have to use a scooter now because it does show that I am getting weaker but I refuse to be locked in this house and be limited to few things. I want to be able to go to the parks again with Dominic and watch him on the rides and this will really help me out. Plus when we go to Vegas it's going to come in great, great help with me walking around from hotel to hotel. Funny but I never thought I'd be excited about being sick but I am excited about my scooter and being able to enjoy the great outdoors again. Thank you Yvonne (and your momma too)
I got my Dexa scan done but no results yet and my blood work looked pretty normal. WBC's and RBC's were a little high that is to be expected when you have an autoimmune disease, just means I'm fighting my body which it thinks is foreign. I go Monday to Dermatology to check out these brown spots on my face but I've been real good about using my Avon bleacher and I see a difference so I probably don't need to see them but better go just in case.
Oh I got on the scale the other day and I am 134 pounds so I've lost 21 pounds which is great because I know I will gain some back with the fam coming in. It's great being able to fit into a size 8 and small top again but I've lost a lot of muscle tone. I made all the girls at work feel my mushy butt the other day because they didn't believe me. I have a butt but it's like jello. I really need to start exercising and tone this up. I have a lot of loose skin which I find very gross. So I couldn't work out after last Sat. because we had Matt the contractor here doing Dominic's bathroom but today I forced myself to do Pilate's. I wish I could do more cardio but it's just not an option these days. Hopefully doing weights and Pilate's and my yoga I will tone this body up and get stronger. OK I've rumbled on and on and should sign off before I not only bore you but bore myself as well when I reread it.

Until I can think of something else to write,
Carmen
Three things I am Happy for:
  1. Michael because he is starting to feel better now and get his energy back. Bless his heart.
  2. Dominic first time ever he brought home his progress report and he wasn't missing ANY assignments. We are so proud of him.
  3. Laughter, it really is great medicine.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:48 PM, Blogger haggardmom said…

    Glad to hear you're feeling pretty good!
    My mother-in-law has MS, and now uses a scooter. She put it off for a long time, but now that she has one it has made so many things (most importantly, shopping LOL) more accessible and enjoyable for her (and safer too).

     
  • At 11:29 AM, Blogger Granny said…

    Good for you and the scooter. I think Elcie will finally have one by the time she starts high school in the fall.

    Her electric wheelchair has never worked properly and the manual will be a little difficult with the large campus.

    Let me know how you like yours.

    Sorry about Michael and the flu. Bummer and now I know why I don't bother with the flu shots.

     
  • At 10:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's so good to hear you're doing good. Hope your hubby feels better.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home