Good Times and Boxed Whine

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

week full of doctor visits.

So I sucked it up and finally went to see a Rheumatogist. I have put this off since leaving CT. but have decided to go and see one because of the brown spots I have all over my face and now neck and also because of my joint pain. As I figured they put me on a new medicine called Lisinopril. It's a ACE inhibitor used mostly for high blood pressure but it can also help with Raynauds (my purple fingers and toes). They also mentioned that it helps prevent kidney failure and since usually that is the next organ or really the first organ to go with Scleroderma they want me to see if I tolerate it and help protect my kidney. I've had problems with them (kidney's) in the past so I like the idea of trying to protect them before it gets any worse. So this new pill is like a 3 in 1 so we'll have to wait and see how I tolerate it. This also means I'm going to have to start the whole lab work again every few weeks monitoring my blood and urine and make sure my liver and kidney's are working correctly, so I am not looking forward to spending more days giving blood but oh well I've had to go through worse.

I also have to get a Dexa Scan done that test for osteoporosis. They don't think I have it now but I could end up getting it and since I'm already complaining about joint pain they just want to wean out anything that might be going on. I asked them for a pill I could take other than Vicodin for my pain and they told me no, to keep taking that as needed so I was sort of bummed about that because I don't want to get addicted to the drug but I have been really good with taking only 1/2 a pill when needed and rotating it with Motrin as well.

I also have a appointment for dermatology for all the brown spots on my face. I told them I have the opposite of Michael Jackson, he gets whiter and I get blacker. My face is browning and now I found a new spot on my neck that I swear popped up over night so they want derm to check it out. They ( Rheumatogist) say there might be a cream or they might laser it off depending on what it is. That's on Monday and my Dexa Scan is tomorrow so I will keep you all posted.

I saw my naturalist doctor today and she says I am improving every week but that I am like a very slow moving turtle, but as anyone knows the turtle is what won the race in the end so I'm ok with her news.

Mike is getting stronger everyday which is great and Loreen left but now Bill (our friend) is here until Friday. Our house has turned into a hotel. We call it the swinging door. Someone leaves and another one comes in. Before I know it, my parents, brother, Grandma, and Aunt and Uncle will be here and then again Loreen and Bill for her Birthday. So like I said we love the company. It's never really a dull moment here at our house. Too much company for us to get bored.

Until later,
Carmen

3 Things I'm thankful for:
  1. naps, I used to hate them but now I love them.
  2. sunsets
  3. Having a day that I don't cough like a crazy woman. I thank the lord for these days.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:42 AM, Blogger Schmoop said…

    Hey There Carmen....Have a wunnerful weekend. Take care and Cheers!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home