Good Times and Boxed Whine

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Spring Break is over too soon!!!!

Well our anniversary went by fast and so did our (my) Spring Break. It was very nice though but too fast. We had a little dinner celebration with friends one for our anniversary and two just to cheer on the Spring Break and warm weather. Dan, Glenn, Eric, Marie, Yvonne, Bill , Mike and I enjoyed a little BBQ and a lot of wine. Doesn't sound like anything different than normal at our house but it was nice. We didn't play any games this time, just talked so it was nice to "shop talk" both for the guys and us girls.

Then we went to San Jose for Easter but traveling is starting to become a pain in my and everyone elses ass and so I always feel like such a burden on everyone but know one seems to complain too much or actually at all other than me. I hate this whole living on oxygen thing and not being able to walk very long but oh well I'm still alive and I have to just start looking at the brighter side of things. So in San Jose we as usual ate and drank too much and played a lot of cards. We watched some good movies and got lots of rest. I always and this goes back to before my oxygen days have been overly tired at Loreen/Bills house but I think its just the life style. Everything there is slow and peaceful. I always feel bad because I want to take naps and sleep but Mike does the same thing so I guess its just getting out of the city life and heading to the country that we both just really unwind when we get there.

Loreen came back with us, because unlike me Dominic has a 2 week spring break and so she wanted to come back and babysit him even though I told her she didn't have too because my hours at work are so few. It ended up being a good thing though because Michael has to get surgery tomorrow finally on his shoulder. So it's nice she is here to help out because with these old lungs of mine I'm only good for so long. Really I don't know what we would do if she wasn't here it'd be the death leading the death. LOL!!! We'd be doomed and in a mess if we didn't have someone healthy helping us.

Today, was a weird day. I didn't cough not one time in the morning and actually felt pretty good up until my last 20 minutes of work then of course my luck rain out and I had a coughing attack. Enough though to where I wet myself a little. Funny I guess but also very embarrassing. If it wasn't for my wearing black pants to work I would of had to walk out with my purse in the front of me and my oxygen tank laying low on my ass. I didn't think I had to pee but I guess just coughing hard enough anything will happen. I don't think anyone knew what happened because it wasn't like when a little 5 year old wets their pants but it was enough for me to be like "Holy Shit what the hell just happened" Like I said no one knew it happened other than me, but now I'm sharing my lovely secret on this blog so I'm sure Yvonne who says she reads this everyday or what not will give me crap. So "Yes Yvonne I peed my pants at work! Are you happy?" Ha Ha Ha!!!!

So then I'm panicking about getting the hell out of there and not letting anyone see me and I walk as fast as I can to my car (which is like .5MPH) and hop in and the fucking gas light comes on again (it came on this morning I just forgot). So, now I have to get gas with wet pee pee pants and I'm already on the verge of a panic attack. So, I go to the gas station next to work and get out of the car start my pump and look over and there are two white vans trapping me in. One in front of me and one behind me waiting to get gas. For those of you that don't know I have a weird "White van Phobia" So instantly I go into panic mode and freak out. Hands shake and hearts beating up a storm and I'm thinking all the worst possible things that these vans are going too do to me. Weird and Crazy I know, I can admit to this but for some reason I have this phobia and I don't know why. So I did my sign of the cross as I always do hoping that God is going to get me out of this gas station alive. He did of course but everywhere I looked today on the way home there were white vans. Seriously. I counted like 30 of them. It was almost like a Twilight Zone episode. I was being followed or punked or both but they were there. So I rushed home and took a 1/2 Valium and now I can type this too you in a somewhat peaceful mind and know that I am just simply turning crazier by age. Going to have a cocktail and watch some TIVO and try not thinking about peeing my pants or white vans for the rest of the night and take a nice hot bath later on tonight.

Three things I'm happy for:
  1. God for getting me through my episodes.
  2. fresh clean underwear.
  3. knowing I have a issue with all these phobias and fears but now I just need to take the next step and do something about it other than write in here about them.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:48 AM, Blogger Schmoop said…

    Oh well there's worse things in life than peeing one's pants. HAve a good weekend Carmen. Cheers!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home