Good Times and Boxed Whine

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Philippians 4:13

I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

The road to success is not straight. There is a curve called Failure, a loop called Confusion, speed bumps called Friends, red lights called Enemies,caution lights called Family. You will have flats called Jobs. But, if you have a spare called Determination, an engine called Perseverance, insurance called Faith, a driver called Jesus, you will make it to a place called Success.

-- Author Unknown

3 Things I happy about today:

  1. Still not getting up nearly as early as I need to for when I go back to work but I can say that I woke up today with out any pain and no major coughing. The world must be ending because I can't tell you the last time I had one of these mornings. I will try and cherish every moment of it today and get some errands done.
  2. My scrap books. I have almost got them all caught up to date and I am so proud of them. It's so great to go back and look at the work I put in them and the pictures and to remember what a great time that certain event was.
  3. Getting back into reading my bible. I bought a new one and it gives me something to read each day and it also explains the bible in a way a child could understand. Today I had to read Luke 18:1-14. It is a great section for me and for anyone who some times struggles with faith and thinking God doesn't hear my prayers. The bible is called "Life Application Study Bible". It truly is a great (heavy as heck) bible and I'd recommend it to anyone who has a hard time understanding the bible and the way it was written back in the day.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love that quote Carmen. I really do. Like you, I have been having faith issues in my life so I have decided to go back to Church. Meds can only do so much,you know? :)

     
  • At 7:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have one of those Bibles. I have highlighted and made so many notes in mine. It's cool to look back and see what I sought inspiration from at different times.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home