Good Times and Boxed Whine

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Summer has come to an end!!!

Well the summer is coming to an end tonight since tomorrow Dominic goes back to school. He'll be a big middle/Jr. High schooler entering the 6Th grade. Lucky for me his school; or actually the district that we live in schools are sort of ran like a private school, they go from kindergarten to 8Th grade. So he wont actually be changing schools. They separate the 7-8 graders from the rest, so 6Th grade to him will be considered the "Big kids on the block" So he is excited to rule the school so to say but has come down with a cold and is trying to convince me to keep him home tomorrow. Nope it doesn't work that way in this house. Last year he got the perfect attendance award and so we are striving for that this year as well. School is very important to me and I may push him harder than I should I really only do it for his own good. if I didn't he would really only do the minimum to get by and that won't cut it when he gets to high school. So sadly he'll have to go to school tomorrow even if he has a little runny nose. Poor guy I know, I'm a slave driver but he'll get better over night with a full tummy and a good nights sleep. Colds never last long for him.

I must say I have ended my summer with a bang. I actually got out of the house 3 days in a row. Can you believe it? The Lord gave me 3 days to feel good enough to leave this house. Thursday I went to dinner with Yvonne, Marie, Lucinda and Monica. It was great drinking wine and talking girl talk. I hadn't seem most of them since school got out so it was great catching up and just relaxing away from school (work). We all promised to do it more often because we agreed it was nice to let our hair down a bit and enjoy each others company. Yvonne later came over for a usual bottle of wine/talk about everything wrong with our life and everyone else's conversations. Man you give us a bottle of wine or two and we can't shut up. We will talk about any topic and think we have the whole thing figured out and by the time the night is over we will have changed our minds 100 times, to going back to being more confused than where we started before the 2 bottles of wine. She's such a great friend. I really enjoy having her here at the house and just like I said sitting, drinking wine and talking about our life, or a TV show, or actually we have gone through times where we don't even talk we take naps instead. I think I'm in love. LOL!!! Just kidding I know she reads this so I wanted to throw that out to her. :) No we would be more like the odd couple because we get a long really well but we are so much a like we are different if that makes any sense at all. We are each other ying and yang I guess and that is probably why we get along so well and have since the first day I met her.

Friday we went over to Dominic's aunts house and hung out for pizza and poker. Rachel's brother was in town from Washington so they invited us over so I could have a Navy wife to vent to about life since most of my friends now are all civilians, and Michael had another Chief (well he's retired now) to talk to about his future goals in the Navy and just to talk the whole Navy talk that Navy men love to do. So it was really nice they invited us over and we had a great time with all of them. Candy and Derek once again cleaned us out of all our change in poker but it was in all fun. Damn them I will beat them one day I swear.

Saturday Dominic had a pre-season game and although they lost, I think he had a great game personally. He's playing with kids his own age this year finally so he is pretty much playing all over the field. He plays line backer, and both offence and defense of line. He's a pretty busy kid out there but he enjoys it and I like watching him play a sport that he is good at. It took us forever to find a sport that he liked and was good at and enjoyed. As much as I didn't want him playing football when he was a baby, he had proved to me that this is the sport for him.

Today we relaxed and had quiet day because like I said tomorrow our life goes back to normal and so we all need to get back into the swing of things.

So until I can think of something else to write.
Carmen San Diego

3 Things I'm happy for today:
  1. Having 4 days that I feel good enough to get out and/or get stuff done around the house.
  2. catching up on all my scrapbooks and downloading all the photos off my camera finally.
  3. my new bible. I am enjoying reading it so much I really hate to wait to read more but I want to wait and keep to the schedule they have for me in my daily readings.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Awwh...that was so sweet to give me a shot-out in your email. You and I are alike, yet, different and I always enjoy doing nothing with you. Thanks for being a good listener and confusing me even more about my life.LOL. I guess we really are in love with each other...sorry Mike...I'm movin' in and you're sleeping on the couch :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home