Good Times and Boxed Whine

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Day one of Lung Evaluation

I haven't been on here in a while for a few reasons. One I started back to work. Yes my summer is over and of course the first day of work I get sick. I'm not sure if it was being around people again or the fact that the office was filled with dust and I'm HIGHLY allergic to dust and so being around it made my allergies go into over drive. I even had to ask Michael (my lovely husband) to go out and purchase me and air purifier for my desk. So 80.00 later my office is pretty much clean of it's air pollution. I noticed a big change in how I felt at work on Tues, after the machine had a few days to kick in. I am a happy camper at work again and it is great getting out of the house again and seeing my school friends and all the kiddos.

Two- I have been a little nervous about my transplant evaluation and so I sort of stayed away from the computer all together. I was nervous because I was sick and wasn't sure how I'd handle the test and there still is the possibility that I may not be a good candidate after this is all said and done.

So today I'm back and I did my 1st day of my evaluation. Today was extremely long and draining both physically and mentally. Probably more mentally because I had to talk to everyone involved in the transplant process and they each tell you the same thing over and over and in different ways to make sure you are aware that getting a transplant is not a guarantee. I have to give them stool samples today and a jug of my 24 hour urine. Pretty gross I know. I also had to give like 30 tubes of blood today and got extremely light headed afterwards because I hadn't ate anything yet but a few grapes and some water. Then I had to pee again for them and get a TB test and a Candina test as well (both skin test). Then I have to speak to nurses, social workers, doctors, case managers, and so forth. Lucky my doctor got called out so he delayed my appointmentby an hour so I was able to go in one of the rooms at the hospital and connect to their oxygen and take a nap. That was a big help because I was running out of oxygen and I was so tired from all the stuff I had to go through. Over all it was a successful day I believe and it means that I am one more step closer to having them review my case and hopefully getting on that list.

So this is going to be short because I've had a long day and I'm hungry and tired and need a long hot bath. Until tomorrow when I tell you what I get to go through then.

Carmen San Diego

3 Things I'm Happy for:
  1. Getting day one of three complete in the 3 day process. After these 3 days I only have to get my heart catheter done on the 18th and I should be done with the big stuff.
  2. My husband because he really is helping me so much with all these appointment and helping he get through this f'ing disease.
  3. Being able to relax for a moment. Today was so long!!!!!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home