Good Times and Boxed Whine

Thursday, September 06, 2007

Test Day 2= not as easy as day one

So today was more the physical stuff. It was a LONG day and I'm glad to be over with it. My day started at 9am with a Chest CT Scan and CXR (chest x-ray). From there I had to get an Echo cardiogram and a EKG. Also not too bad but for some reason Echo's are painful for me in some areas. All by my ribs are very sensitive. The lady said it was because I didn't have any meat there, that I was all skin and bones and so petite. I guess I should take that as a compliment but I'm starting to worry a bit about my weight. I need to sort of stay in this weight range (per Dr. Yung) and everyone keeps telling me "how skinny I am, or so petite I am". I have lost another 2 pounds since the last time I was weighed and now weigh 123 but I haven't been lying about my height I truly am 5'2. I actually thought that I had shrunk a little but I think it's just my son is getting taller. LOL!!!

From the echo/EKG I had to do a procedure that I never did before and it freaked the shit out of me. For anyone that doesn't know me I'm REALLY Claustrophobic and so this procedure had me cover my nose and mouth with a mask and well needless to say I was a bit freaked by the whole idea. The procedure is called Ventilation/Perfusion Scan. They actually inject me with some radiology to be able to see my lungs better. The first part was the worst for me, that is where I wear like this oxygen mask around my whole face and they inject a gas I have to breath. I have to keep the mask on for about 6 minutes or so but to me it felt like an hour. The techs. kept telling me how great I was doing but I think they could see the tears and worry I had on my face. Once that was over they injected me with so fluid that highlights my lungs so they can take better pictures of my not so pretty lungs. Most people would prefer the other procedure over this but I've been poked and pricked so many times with this disease that I prefer getting injected or things drawn from me over anything over my face any day.

I ended my day with a Bone Density test which I've had before so it wasn't bad at all. I actually got to lay down for that test and I was really ready for that at this time. My day finally ended after that test and I was able to go home for a much needed nap. Sadly I must of caught something while being in the hospital or something because I've had a sore throat since last night and also my acid reflux is bothering me again and now I feel like I have something stuck in the chest. I've been real good about taking my prevacid and now popping Tums but the pain is still there. It's been a long time since I've had one of these episodes so I hope it goes away soon. That and this sore throat kept me up all night so I just hope that it doesn't interfere with tomorrow test. Ok again I'm signing off but will give you all the details of tomorrow, tomorrow.

Carmen San Diego

3 things I am happy about today:
  1. Getting day 2 over with.
  2. Everyone I met today being very nice and actually sociable. That's a first for me; to have everyone really nice and going out of their way for Michael and myself.
  3. It cooling off in Santee finally enough to turn the AC off which means hopefully our electric bill will go back down under 200.00 again here soon. Back in the low 100's would be ideal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home