Good Times and Boxed Whine

Sunday, June 11, 2006

2/25/06

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Happy Birthday Dominic!!!
Wow ten years old already. I can still remember the day that you came into my life. I needed you so much, I dreamt about you as a child and knew one day as an adult I'd have my little boy. You were and still are everything I ever imagine you'd be and even more. I can't think of anything bad or regretful that could of been from you entering my life. The only time I thought "why, why me" when it came to you was when you were 10 months old and you got real sick and had a seizure and the ambulance had to come and help you. It was like 2 in the morning and the dog we had at that time woke me up thank God by barking at me. Thank God for Rocky because when I went into your room you were shaking in your crib. I was so young, I believe 23 and was so scared. I just remembered yelling for my roommates and praying that you'd be ok. That you wouldn't leave me, because you were all I had. I was so scared Dominic. You ended up having RSV, some bacterial infection that children get. But you were in the hospital for two weeks maybe longer. They ran every test on you, from a spinal tap, to cat scan to all types of blood work. You were a good trooper and survived and haven't been that sick since thank goodness because I wouldn't ever want you to leave me. You've been the best thing that has happened to me. You made me understand what it is to love again and you made me grow up and you also taught me to laugh again which for a while there I forgot. You really are my inspiration in my life. I just hope that you understand just how much I truly love you and pray that my disease doesn't take me away from you to soon. I want to see each birthday with you and watch you grow old.I looked up some interesting fact about when you were born and here they are.The year 1996
Astronomers at Lick Observatory discover new plants, galaxies, and dark matter outside our solar system that could support life.
Magic Johnson returns to play basketball even though he has HIV.
Milk cost 2.72
bread cost 1.62
a new car was around 13,600.00
gallon of gas was 1.11
a new house cost about 119,250.00
ER was named best drama series
Frasier was named best comedy
Bomb kills 19 US servicemen in Saudi Arabia.
Prince Charles and Princess Diana divorce.
First democratically elected Palestinian parliament.
Clinton was re-elected president.
Seal got best album of the year.
Here's to you Dominic. I love you sweetheart.
Feeling: so wonderful to be able to celebrate with Dominic on his 10th birthday
mood: awesome
If: If you could, in retrospect, change one thing about your childhood, what would it be? I think as a child I wanted to grow up so fast. So I think I would slow down and enjoy being a kid more.
Quote:"Some tubes surround themselves with psycho mates imagining that this makes them strong. Less likely to get hurt by our cruel world, when obviously the reverse is true." Irvine Welsh.
posted by carmen @ 11:23 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home