Good Times and Boxed Whine

Monday, June 12, 2006

Glory Road

Just wanted to say that the movie Glory Road was two thumbs up. A bit sad at times but worth every dollars I spent on Netflix to rent it. Sad to think that one time things were so different for anyone of color. Still have a long way to go in some states or areas but we have come a LONG way to say the least. I know I'm glad to be living in the time that I am especially being a person than is half African American. Things are much more accepted for me and rarely does race ever come up. The only time it has for me is when I applied for grants for college and once in a while I'll have to check a box for a survey a job is having. I'm sure it has to do with equal opportunity or what not but I never really have to discuss my color or ethnic background to anyone unless I actually choose to. I'm sure if I lived a young life in the 60's my life would of been a whole different situation. I count my blessings everyday for who and what and when I am me. Ok going to watch Dateline. If you haven't seen the movie I say "Do it" its great.

C.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home