Good Times and Boxed Whine

Sunday, June 11, 2006

5/5/06

Friday, May 05, 2006

From someone else blog.
"melba said...Back in November I wrote a post and in it I told a childhood story from my perspective about my stepmother. I rarely talk to or see my father. When he first heard I had a blog, was writing and creating he sent me very supportive emails, he said he was glad that I was following my dreams.I didn't think he read my blog every post so I really didn't think about how what I was writing would effect him. So after that post in November he sent me a very disappointing email. He said my memory was wrong. He chooses to see our childhood one way and we (me, my sister and two bothers) choose to all tell the same truth from our perspective. Since that post we haven't spoken or emailed. He did send Maggie a card a few days ago for her birthday and I am not sure how I will ackowledge it. I have thought about this subject a lot. This is my blog. I write what I want. I am aware though that my words can effect others and I do choose them carefully, but I try not to hold back. The thing is reading someone's blog is a choice. If someone doesn't like what they are reading they can stop. Be true to yourself. I know it can be difficult, but we both know that your truth can set you (and all of us) free... "You know I was reading some of the comments from other blogs, and this one really jumped out to me. This Melba talks about being yourself because it's you own blog, your own feelings, your own views. I've stopped being my own self since December and have bit my tongue on many things but haven't felt the same about myself or my writing. That is why I feel that I haven't been writing as much in here or longed to express myself. I feel holding all my thoughts in and not sharing them or putting them in writing has somewhat caused me to be depressed and withdrawn. As anyone knows I've always been the big mouth that expresses her opinions and aren't afraid to hold back in my beliefs. Like I said an incident occurred back in December where someone feelings got hurt by my thoughts but I never threw my blog at them. I never said here read this. I don't ask anyone to read my blog. A few comments are great to get every now and them, but mostly I do this to vent or to have something for when my time does come that my family has something to read to know how I was feeling on such and such day. Just as this Melba wrote to someone one else, "This is my blog. I write what I want. I am aware though that my words can effect others and I do choose them carefully, but I try not to hold back. The thing is reading someone's blog is a choice. If someone doesn't like what they are reading they can stop. Be true to yourself. I know it can be difficult, but we both know that your truth can set you (and all of us) free... "So to save my insanity I'm going back to my old self. Who knows maybe it'll be the same as it have been since December but I don't want to feel like I have to hold anything in. This is my blog and if you don't like what I write in it then simply don't read it. The dead has arisen and so the Ol'Carmen is back. Sorry in advance if any of you don't like what I write. If you don't like it, you don't have to read it. It's that simple.Until I can think of something else to write.CarmenMood: refreshedfeeling: much better than last night in the ERIf: If you were to close down any charity, which one would you chose? I'd chose that one charity that Marty used to donate some money to some child in a poor country and it ended up being a scam. It was one of thosedonate 11 cents a day things. All crap one big scam.
posted by carmen @ 3:06 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home