Good Times and Boxed Whine

Monday, June 12, 2006

Great times with old friends

The weekend has come and gone and so I finally have a little time to sick drink my cup of coffee and write a bit in my blog, before I head out to run some errands. We had our first guest in our new home. Scott and Sherri Latti. (their last name is like 16 letters long and so I'll stop while I'm ahead). We haven't seen them since we move out of Key West and so it was great catching up and meeting their children for the first time. We had a BBQ with other friends and our extended family and everyone seemed to have a great time. It was really nice just drinking rum punch, eating, laughing and laughing even more. I love when we have our get togethers because I love being around people. I am limited to what I can do these days due to my lung function so I always get really excited when we get invited to a cook out or when we have one. Don't need to much energy to sit around and be with friends so to me it's like going out on an awesome night out in town with friends but instead it's in a home. I also worry (yes you who read my blog on a regular basis no I worry) that I may not have much time with all my friends and family so I try as much as I can to spend as much time with them as possible. It's so weird. Me I'm the it I'm talking about, how one minute I can see myself ten years down the road having a great time enjoying life, maybe limited like it is now but still alive. Then I'll have a coughing attack which happens more now in the past 6 months than ever but they are different coughing attacks and I'll explain those later for the few who read this to get my health updates. And I'll think to myself "This is it. I have about a week left to live. It's to late for a transplant blah blah blah." I say blah blah blah, because at the moment I think I'm just whining but if I was in the middle of a coughing attack I would be crying instead of whining So right now I simply tell myself to suck it up you big baby and move forward. I have to remind myself to do that a lot these days. Not to live in the past but to see the future and to focus on that not the past. The past though is so permanent and the future is so well unpredictable so it scares the hell out of me. All the unknowns it holds and what not, but change is good. I am a big believer of that and so I try, try, try to remember that ever step of the way.
What else. I'm still sending out my resume but am focusing on the school and have two test to take this week so wish me luck. I'd like to stay at my current job 2 days a week like I have been but if for some reason I can't then I will just have to make an effort to have more get togethers with the girls there. Jenny comes to everything we have or do and so I'm sure know matter what happens in the job field we'll continue to be friends.
Ok for all you health lurkers. I believe I am doing ok, although as I mentioned earlier my coughing attacks are a little bit different. I used to have coughs that were dry and last a while and I'd get winded and finally they go away after long minutes of coughing. Now they are still dry and I still get winded and feel like my life is gonna end during these attacks or that I am going to collaspe another lung but after a while of nonstop coughing I end up throwing up. It's mostly phylem (is that how you spell it) but once I throw up I feel much better. So I simply am turning bulimic or something else is wrong with me. I am going to a gastro doc. July 17th so maybe they can tell me who this is happening. I'm not to worried because once I get sick my cough stops and so for me its a relief.
Ok so all this talk of barf has caused me to become hungry (Ha Ha) so I am signing off to get a bite to eat.

Until I can think of something else to write,
Carmen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home