Good Times and Boxed Whine

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Lazy Bones

Well I had every intention to get up and go to church today, but never got there. I was up and planning on going but once I got out of bed I became very dizzy. I think I'm still fighting something and with both the men in my life being sick I don't think it helps. So instead I said a prayer and laid back down. It finally went away (the dizziness) but I decided to just be lazy and do nothing really other than catch up on a few emails and read. I also watched both the games which I enjoyed. I was pretty neutral for both games, didn't really care who one either game but was happy to see the Bears win since Lovie Smith was once a Rams coach. Besides how can you not like a man name Lovie? I know the Saints would of been a great story but they have really already made a great story; from being the worst rated last year to making it all the way to the play offs this year is amazing. I will now cheer for the Bears to win because I do like them better than the Colts. My family all wants the Colts to win but I'm not a big fan of Manning even if we do share the same last name.

I've been having pretty good days for being winter but I think it has a lot to do with my attitude this year. I am really trying to stay positive and not be so negative. It's hard however when I can't do things that seem so easy too most, like walk 150 feet with out getting winded or standing for a long time with out getting light headed, but last year looking back at my entries in my blog seemed to reflect more on my downs and not my ups. So I'm trying as hard as I can to focus on the happier times in my life. I know my husband really wants them to give me a lung transplant but I'm still not 100% up on the whole idea. I mean there is so much that can go wrong with a transplant that I am not quite ready too take that step. The doctors don't think I need it quite yet either but then I think of all the things I could do if I could breathe like a normal person. I really don't know what that would feel like. I mean too not be winded, I can't remember the last time I wasn't winded when I wasn't sitting or sleeping. Sad huh? But hey God only gives you what you can handle, or at least that is what they say.

Oh another thing that I get to have now is a house cleaner. A friend of mine is going to come to my house every other week and do all the big stuff. You know, tubs, toilets, vacuum, mop, dust and Windex. We'll continue to do the lighter stuff but she will do the stuff that really bothers me, that you have to use cleaners with. I'm so excited. Mike has been fighting me on this for a long time but now with him in school he doesn't have a lot of free time and the free time he does have it's to do homework or simply enjoy a quiet few minutes too himself. Plus because I get light headed standing he's been doing most of the cooking so it'll be a great investment to our sanity I think. Everyone here (Mike and Dominic) are huge helps with the cooking and the cleaning but I'd rather spend the time we do have together enjoying each others company and not doing chores. Life to short for me (well maybe even you who knows) to be worrying about cleaning the bath tub, and if this person could use the extra cash then so be it. It's a win win situation for all of us.

So that about sums up the day. Until tomorrow.
Carmen San Diego

3 things I'm happy about:
  1. convincing Michael into letting me get a house cleaner
  2. Lazy Sunday afternoons. Nothing can beat those.
  3. Seeing history in the making. With the Colts/Bears going to the Super Bowl this will be the 1st time that 2 African American coaches have played against each other in the Super Bowl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home