Good Times and Boxed Whine

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

So I read this line in the book I"m reading:

"Everybody got one of them, you know. That's the person that you know you ought to be with, but circumstances play out a certain way and you get sidetracked and wind up settling" Big Stone Gap, by Adriana Trigiani.

This statement stayed in my head all night after I read it and all through the night where I couldn't sleep because I was wondering. Wondering if there is some truth to this statement and if so am I or Michael settling? Are my parents settling? Are you settling? I've heard this statement before, maybe not in those exact words but close enough to make you go hummmmm!!!!

I think back to all my boyfriends or at least the ones that I had that I was legal marriage age and I can't think of anyone I would of been better off married too. I mean Michael and I haven't had the picture perfect marriage or courtship but what couple has? Do they even exist? But even with that said I can't think of someone who would of been better for me and stood by me during my time of illness as he has.

Now him on the other hand maybe he did settle. I often tell him this that he's probably not all that happy with how his life has turned out, sick wife and probably one day being a single dad but I wonder who was his one that got away. So many names come to mind. Girls that I've come across that he wrote these passionate love letters too when he was younger that I'm still waiting for my letter. Girls that may have more in common with the sailing, Nascar,music, and other interest that I really could care less about like his choice in readings but then again he doesn't like the books I read either. Man putting this on paper I am starting to really think that maybe he did settle. He probably at one point wanted to leave but then I got sick and he now feels like he can't leave because he'd look bad leaving a sick person. Or maybe Dominic keeps him here, who knows but I wonder. I sure do wonder if he settled for me and let the right one get away.

Three things I'm happy for today:
  1. Michael for settling for me, if that is what he did?
  2. American Idol, because it makes me happy to know that I am not the only person out there that can't sing but think I can.
  3. Big Stone Gap this book I'm reading. It started off slow but it's getting pretty good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home