Good Times and Boxed Whine

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Moment of truth!!!!!!

Well after weeks of eating crap and more stuff off my diet than on. Weeks if binge drinking and again eating more crap. I have finally decided to suck it up and hop on the scale. I did finally control myself this past week but it was still hard because we’ve had company since we’ve got back from Key West. I have been MUCH better on my diet and finally went back to the Tibetan doctor to get my new herbs and no these don’t taste any better, but the drinking continues. I know it’s just empty calories but man it goes down so smoothly when you on in a heated debate about life or gossiping about who ever or watching a great movie with the family. Sucks that red wine taste so damn good but Monday when we finally have a house too just the 3 of us again the drinking will stop and I will get back too drinking on Saturday like before.

Ok so yes I got on the scale and new that I was going to gain some weight but I feared that I would have gained all the weight I took off. I just feel really bloated. So I locked the bathroom door, took off all my clothes, and forced myself to pee and then I got on the scale. I closed my eyes at first because I new I was going to be back where I start at around 155. I opened my eyes and there is was 144.2. not so bad, last time I weighed myself was December 18 and then I weighed 142.8 so I gained 1.4 pounds. Not bad. I was hoping no gain but hey after the past 2 weeks of the way I’ve been doing things I will take the 1.4 pounds and be thankful that it wasn’t worse.

I’ve been coughing more this past week and not sure if it’s the cold dry air like always or something more. Been getting more aches these days as well in my joints and back and it could be something as minor as sleeping the wrong way or lack of exercising or a major as my Scleroderma kicking in again. I tried to make an appointment with Dr. Shah but he’s full until next month so I will just pop my Motrin and suck it up until I can get into the doctors office. I hope it’s nothing but who knows with me these days. I’m just thankful I’m still around. I’ll take the aches and pains if it means hanging around longer with my family.

So that’s it. My life is pretty good and I have a strange hopeful feeling that 2007 is going to be great for me and my family. Until I can think of something else too write.

Carmen San Diego

Three things I’m thankful for:

Not gaining all my weight back
My in-laws for helping with the house work and cooking when they visit.
My husband rubbing my joints and back this morning with I was feeling so achy and not trying to get more out of the situation. LOL!!!

1 Comments:

  • At 1:26 PM, Blogger Laura said…

    Yay, Carmen! I ate too much over our vacation/visiting relatives and drank too much red wine as well. But, even though I'm feeling fat, it was worth it! Now to get off my butt and go to the gym once in a while so I can lose the 5 pounds I've put on (on top of the 5 I already needed to lose...).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home