Good Times and Boxed Whine

Monday, December 18, 2006

start of our trip

So I haven’t had a chance until lately too write in here but I have good reason. I was sick; real sick. They even think that I may have had the first signs of Pneumonia. I was so worried that I may have to cancel my trip but a little over a week and I am feeling 85% better. They gave me Vicodin and a Z-pak to kill what ever I had and to get rid of the pain and as long as I took my Vicodin as prescribed I was feeling a-okay. Now I am only taking them in extreme emergencies. I have watched too many of those talk shows where the stay at mom gets addicted to the pain killers. I don’t have any plans on my family having to do an intervention on me for A&E special. Have you seen those shows? LOL!!!

So we’ve been on vacation for two days and are in Santa Cruz, AZ. Visiting Marc and Donna (Mike’s dad and his wife). We are having a really nice time. Yesterday Michael and I went to Laughlin which is about a 20 minute drive and gambled. I withdrew 260.00 and believe it our not we were there for about 7 hours and came home with our 260.00 plus another 134.00. We even had lunch and numerous drinks and still came home with that great deal. I believe it our not am a cheapo when it comes to gambling and stick to the slot machine that are nickels and pennies. So I played for 5 hours on my 1st 20.00 bill and then had to stick my second on in and won 204.00 on $0.75 can you believe in? We were so shocked. I had to call my parents because they are the only other people I know that are into gambling and that would get as excited as us. Mike did really well too but I believe last night I was the big winner.

Today we are heading to Vegas for the night because tomorrow we leave for Key West at 6am. So hopefully we will be as lucky as last night. I think I am the only one that is going to gamble today. Mike is going to take Dominic in the roller coasters. That is if he gets over his sudden fear of them. If not we’ll walk around and go to the arcade. Then tomorrow up bright and early and heading to Key West. I can’t wait to be around humidity again. It’s been so dry in San Diego and very dry here in AZ. that I feel my nose is going to fall off. Plus dry air is really bad for me and my dry cough. I would much rather has the humidity. I feel better and don’t cough as much. It’s been freezing as well. Last night it got to 33 maybe even colder. I didn’t bring any closed toed shoes so my feet are looking forward to defrosting in Key West. Even now it’s only 43. BRRRRRR!!!

Well that about it. So if I can’t seem to get on here before Christmas, I’m wishing you all a happy Christmas. I’m sure I’ll be on before New Years so I’ll save that for later.

Until I have something else to write,
Carmen San Diego

P.S. I got my Christmas gift early from Mike and he gave me a digital camera that I wanted so no more waiting months for me to scan the pictures and upload them. I should be faster at it and will have pictures of our trip on here sooner that you think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home