Good Times and Boxed Whine

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

What makes you happy at work?

What makes you happy at work?
  • The children when they come in to see me. It may only be for a tardy slip but their precious smiles make my morning.
  • my paycheck of course. It may be small but hell it's money and who doesn't like hat.
  • the few friends I have made there. I'm friendly with everyone there and I think I am liked by my peers but I have made a real connection to Yvonne and Julie although Julie has decided to take a position elsewhere. That bitch. LOL!!!
  • The fact that I work only 3 hours a day (7:30-10:30am) and while most peoples job are just beginning, mine is ending and it gives me a chance to clean up the house, take a nap if I'm tired, exercise if I ever get motivated again, go on field trips and have quality "me" time before Michael and Dominic come home.
  • The fact that they are very understanding at my school regarding my disease and don't judge me because I wear Oxygen.
  • That is gets me out of the house. I could easily stop working and just claim disability but I refuse at this time. So even if it's only 3 hours a day, it gets me out of the house and talking and meeting other people that are real people not just cyber friends.
  • Lastly, in a small way I still feel that I am giving back in a way to the community or my society by taking a job that pays much less than I should be making and working in the education field. Someone with a bachelors degree in psychology (or any degree) really should make more than 12.09 an hour but it's not about the money too me, it's about doing what you feel in your heart you want to do. A job that fulfills you. And working with children is my calling. It has been for the past 9 years. I love children and I love my job (on most days).

Today I'm thankful for:

  1. My father in law cooking dinner for us, even though today I feel good enough to cook. I guess that means I will be doing the dishes. Darn it!!!
  2. Ross the store, I was able to get a few pictures and frames for the house with my gift card that we got. I love that store, and the one in Santee is really clean and pretty organized for being a discounted store.
  3. My husband for giving me a kiss even after I ate egg salad. Might not sound like anything big to you but the man HATES hard boiled eggs and gags just thinking about it. Hey I warned him when he dove in for the kiss but he didn't stop. He made a gross face after wards but he still kissed me. LOL!!! I love you Michael!!! Really I do!

1 Comments:

  • At 10:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I feel the same way about you chick. I really am glad that I know you. By the way...that is the first time I was ever mentioned in someone's blog. Yvonne

     

Post a Comment

<< Home