Good Times and Boxed Whine

Saturday, December 09, 2006

Down 11.8 pounds.

Week 10 and I am down 11.8 pounds. It's funny how the weight is coming off because to tell you the truth I haven't been exercising. Rather my diet was totally bad and I was in denial, or this diet is a miracle. I'm not sure what it is but I’m very happy to be 143 lbs. again and hopefully I'll get to my goal to 135 real soon. That's only 9 pounds; I hope I can do it. I know I can if I stick too it. I just need to start exercising to get more toned up because I am losing my butt and that is one thing I did enjoy having. Well I enjoyed it when I was a size 8 but not a size 12, LOL!!. So hopefully I will start finding more energy to start exercising again. I have the time I just don't have the interest in it these days. Sort of sad when back in the day one of my hobbies was to work out but I'll get back into the swing of things here one day I hope. So I planned on having this be an enjoying and uplifting entry and still plan on it but I wanted to let you guys know that Michael and I finally sat down and watched that lifetime movie "for Hope" it's a movie on Scleroderma that Bob Segat (the comedian) produced about his sister who had Scleroderma. Yes I said had not because she was cured but because she died from this terrible disease. It was on Encore the other night and we TIVO'd it. (Got to love Tivo) It's taken a while for Dominic not to be around so we could watch it since we weren't too sure what the movie was going to be like and we didn't want Dominic to get sad about the movie. Anyway, he's at a sleep over and so we sat and watched it. Man it was sad. I guess it's like any movie that deals with a disease but when you have that particular disease it hits you a little harder than others. Like I'm sure the movie "my Life" with Michael Keaton hit people harder with cancer than others and the movie Philadelphia hit people with AIDS harder than others. Or what I should say is that it hits the people that have that disease and their love ones harder than others who really don't have to deal with it. So we shed our share of tears today because it was hard to see someone with the same disease and her family goes through what I and my family and friends have to deal with everyday. Hers was much faster and took her life in what seemed like 1 1/2 years but luckily for me I am or have been around longer than that and plan on being around for a bit longer. I'm a fighter and won’t go down that easy. The movie is also based in I believe 1996 so I am hoping that technology and medicine has come along since then and is still coming along so that one day there is hope for me and others. So we did our crying but aren't going to let this ruin our Saturday evening. Tonight we are going to go eat with my brother in law and sister in law and tomorrow we are going to church and then to Jenny and Art's for lunch/early dinner. Then we are going to be packing our bags and heading to Key West within a week. Got too keep my spirits and my health up so that I /we have a great time while visiting the family. We are also planning on having a New Years Eve party so we need to start planning that and send out our invites. So I told you this would be a better entry than yesterdays. I'm happy to have lost weight and to see Mike's family tonight and our friends tomorrow. Then I only have 5 more days of work and we are in KW. Life is good. It'll be my first time traveling with my O2 but if it becomes an easy thing then I plan on doing more traveling now that my SS disability finally got approved and I'll have more of an income. Stay tuned for that one. Speaking of stay tuned, I remember mentioning that I would tell you what I wanted to have changed in my will. Well I will share that with you all soon, I am just still trying to finalize some details. I'll post it one day. Nothing to extreme than what is already in my will but a few changes. Then we need to go see Bill, our lawyer and have it all documented but I think we'll wait until after the holidays before I get that all finalized.

Have a great weekend, Carmen San Diego

2 Comments:

  • At 8:29 PM, Blogger haggardmom said…

    You sound better than your previous post, so I hope you're feeling better emotionally. :-)

     
  • At 9:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I just read both posts Carmen. I'm glad you're feeling much better but remember that it is ok to have your down days. Just remember that after the rain the sun will shine.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home