Good Times and Boxed Whine

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Another Dream cominig true!!!

So I woke up at around midnight talking out loud to Mike about a soldier standing in the corner of our room. He's getting used to these talks with me when I'm sleeping and just tried to wake me up and tell me I was dreaming and that there wasn't any soldiers in our room. Then at around 1:30 am Mike cell phone goes off. Never good news when you get a call that late.

For anyone that doesn't know what my husband does he is part of the Deep submerge Unit that goes and saves subs if/when they ever go down. He is the medical support part of the unit. Any how he comes rushing into the bedroom saying a sub is down and that he has to leave and doesn't know when he's coming home. A few hours later this was reported.


Navy loses contact temporarily with sub off Florida

POSTED: 12:33 p.m. EDT, March 14, 2007
Story Highlights• Navy sends ships, aircraft to hunt for submarine thought missing off Florida coast• Contact resumes with USS San Juan after communications temporarily lost• Officials say there's no problem with the sub; the Navy is investigating incident

NORFOLK, Virginia (AP) -- The U.S. Navy temporarily lost communication with a submarine off Florida's coast and sent ships and aircraft to search for the USS San Juan before the vessel was contacted early Wednesday, military officials said.
There were no problems with the Los Angeles class sub, based in Groton, Connecticut, and the Navy was investigating the incident, the Naval Submarine Force said in a statement.
Units of the USS Enterprise Carrier Strike Group saw a red flare in the area where the sub was operating off Jacksonville, Florida, on Tuesday night, said spokesman Phil McGuinn.
The Navy immediately started searching and also contacted the International Submarine Escape and Rescue Liaison Office in Norfolk to assist with the efforts.
Family members of those on board also were notified.
"Fortunately, the submarine established communications in the early morning hours ... and indicated that there were no problems; hence, units were able to stand down from the search and rescue that was already well under way," the Navy said in a release.

So you tell me. Was my dream trying to tell me something or what? Mike and I were talking about it and he said it was very weird that once again I dreamt of something and then it came true somewhat. Then joked about if I could just get those lottery numbers in my dreams we'd be set. He gave me a compliment in a way he said "you should play the lottery because you are extremely lucky in everything you do. Out side of your health you have great luck so knowing you, you'd probably win." Then I think to myself, maybe even with my health I am lucky. I almost died the second time I collapsed my lung but didn't. And due to my disease it has caused me to really appreciate the value of a friendship, marriage and family. I think without my disease I would of taking those things for granted somewhat. So to me I can say even with my health I'm still one lucky chick.

3 things I'm happy for:
  1. The submarine being safe after all and not having to have Mike go away to help save the sub and its sailors.
  2. My friend Amy Cave sending me a very sweet letter. Thanks Girlfriend.
  3. myself, because I'm maturing each day and like I said I try not to take things for granted anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home