Good Times and Boxed Whine

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Let it go part 2:

I have a choice everyday I wake up; I can spend the day in bed recounting the difficulty I have with the parts of my body that no longer work, or get out of bed and be thankful for the ones that do. Truthfully this is a challenge I have every morning. Should I throw in the towel and wave my surrender flag to my illness or "man up" and be strong.

Each day is a gift, and as long as I am able to physically get out of bed, I'll try and focus on the new day and all the happy memories I've stored away . Life is like a bank account ... you withdraw from what you've put in.. So, my advice to you would be to deposit a lot of happiness in the bank account of memories.

Sadly no one can go back and make a brand new start, but anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. God didn't promise us days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way. Disappointments are like road bumps, they slow you down a bit but hopefully you will enjoy the smooth road afterwards. Don't stay on the bumps too long. Move on! When you feel down because you didn't get what you want, just sit tight and be happy, because God has thought of something better to give you. When something happens to you, good or bad, consider what it means. I am a big believer that there's a purpose to life's events, so sit tight and wait for the leason to be learned.

Three things I'm happy for:
  1. Training days because it means I can sleep in until 7am and don't have to go to work, just training which is closer to home, so it's a less drive and I'm not stuck in the morning traffic.
  2. Dominic being so cute and making me tea this morning before he left for school. That kid is going to be a great husband one day. He really is so caring when he isn't so shy around people.
  3. The scale showing me these 4 numbers this morning 137.8. That's a 17 pound drop since I first saw the doctor from Tibet back in Oct.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home