Good Times and Boxed Whine

Sunday, June 11, 2006

2/26/06

Sunday, February 26, 2006

What I know about Stars!
There are so many meanings when you hear the word star. It could be the lights in the sky, or the people we watch on TV or in movies. It could even be the people in your life that touch you in a special way. What I do know is that there are stars that I wish on in the sky every time I see them. Rather it's Twinkle Twinkle little Star or a shooting star or simply one that stands out to me. When I see them, I wish on them. They are my daily candle I blow out like on a birthday cake wishing for what ever it may be from being debt free, to winning the lottery, to getting over my cold, bad mood or simply what I usually wish for, to live another day or to have someone find a cure for Scleroderma. Maybe cheesy but this is what I do.As far as the stars on TV. As much as I'd love to have the money and the big MTV crib, I wouldn't want all the drama of that lifestyle. I wouldn't want people knowing every move I do. I wouldn't want the paparazzi's waiting outside my house and following me on my daily errands. I wouldn't want my every move rather its an accomplishment or a regret out there in public for all the world to judge me. Yes, having a blog I throw myself out to the whole world to judge me but for some reason that doesn't scare me as much as someone taking pictures of me and chasing me in their cars to get that one great picture that "Star" magazine will pay the big bucks for. No way is that for me. I also wouldn't want to marry a so called star because I don't think I could handle the whole idea of a watching my mate doing a love scene that may be steamier that the one that we have in the bedroom. Nope, again not my style. I'd love to be holding Matthew Mccoughney or Denzel Washington or George Clooney's arm and walk down the red carpet but I wouldn't change what I have for anything.My true stars are my wonderful husband, for everything he does for me and our family. He may drive me crazy at times and I know I drive him crazy but in the long run he's the only man for me.My awesome son, who loves me unconditionally and does anything I ask with out any lip or rolling of eyes. (At least that I know of :) )My parents for being such great supporters and teaching me how to respect others and myself.My brother who I treated like my own personal doll when he was a baby, but as he grew older I grew even more like a mother figure because I wanted to protect him from anything and anyone. Now as both of us adults, he keeps me young and makes me laugh and has taught me to laugh at myself as well. Which is hard for anyone to do and accept.All my friends and of course family members who accept me for me, not for pretending I'm someone I'm not. Who take me for all my strengths and weakness.You all are my true Super Stars!!!!!
Mood: lazy and relaxed
feeling: a little bit hung over from to much wine last night
quote:."Our real enemies are the people who make us feel so good that we are slowly, but inexorably, pulled down into the quicksand of smugness and self-satisfaction." -- Sydney Harris
If: If you could change one thing in the world right now, what would you alter? I'd get rid of our president. Ouch!!! I know, but I can't do that until I find someone to replace him, so I guess at this time he has to stay; but not for long I hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home