Good Times and Boxed Whine

Monday, August 28, 2006

Back to school!!!

Today Dominic and I both started our first day back to school/work. It was a hard morning to get up but once we all got up it was so nice to know that we are starting our new life here in Santee, CA. Dominic started his new school as a fifth grader and already made 2 friends. He seems to enjoy his school much better than the one he did last year. Last year when he started he didn't make friends for atleast a month and would come home and complain that how he didn't like it here and wanted to go back to CT. So today when he came home and smiled and told me he liked his classroom and he already met Victor and Ryan, I was relieved to know that he had adjusted so well.

As for me, I started my new job today and really really enjoyed it. I so missed working in the school district last year when I was in the office at the accounting firm. I'm a people person not someone that can get stuck behind a desk all day long. So it felt good to be in the school and working. Everyone that I met today was super nice and I think I am going to enjoy the school a lot. It's a very small school. Only one teacher per grade so its a close family there. The drive sort of sucks going to work because I'm in the middle of morning traffic so a 20 minute normal drive is taking me 45 minutes, but coming home was a breeze. I have to get used to getting paid once a month again but payday falls right when our mortgage is due so it'll be nice having that to pay the mortgage off.

So today was an awesome day for the Manning family. I'm tired though. I'm gonna eat dinner have a glass of wine and hit the hay.

Happy Monday to you all,
Carmen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home