Good Times and Boxed Whine

Friday, August 11, 2006

Summer days!!

Rather I am enjoying the summer days too much or I simply don't have much to write these days. Sadly I think its that last one I mentioned. With Dominic in football and Michael coaching our once before fun summer nights have been replace at a football field two hours a night 5 days a week. So we have been extremely busy with football again this year. I forget just how time consuming it is after the season ends and every summer I cringe when I remember just how boring our evenings become because of practice. You do what you have to do to keep your kids active I guess and if it means you sacrificing your evenings then that is what a proud parent does.

I also lost my job finally. She kept me one for awhile two days a week but I knew in my heart that that wasn't going to last for too long and so I got an email telling me not to come back. Yep that's right an email. I think that is pretty unprofessional of her but what do you expect these days. The world is revolved around emails and IM'ing. The only good thing about that if you can look at the good side at all is that I have finally worked long enough in this lovely state of CA that I qualify for unemployment to help me out until I find a job, and she promises to give me a good reference to boot.

I also today got my mini-bag of O2. It looks like those camel backs that you see runners or bike riders wearing. Its so much smaller and I will feel better about going out in public with it when needed. I've only used it once outside the house and then I carried that big scuba tank around and thought it wasn't so bad but it takes up a lot of spare room and well energy lugging it back and forth from the house to the car. I am very please that I got the smaller one and that my lungs are in good enough shape that I can still suck in O2 with out help.

I read a book in three days. It was my first Chick Lit. and it was great. It is called The 2nd Assistant. My sister in law bought it for me for my birthday and well at first I didn't think I'd like it because we are SO opposite but I couldn't put it down. Imagine that, her picking out a book that I would end up loving. I guess I've seen stranger things happen.

So that is my life in a nutshell these days. So you haven't missed too much. Lazy days watching movies, reading or hanging out by the pool (oh and looking once again for a job) and evenings spent at a football field. Have a great weekend if I don't get on here again soon.

God bless,
Carmen

Feeling: great (I have now for 4 days).

2 Comments:

  • At 1:55 AM, Blogger Granny said…

    Sorry about the job - glad about unemployment insurance.

    And glad you've had a few good days.

     
  • At 9:26 AM, Blogger Schmoop said…

    Bad Breath and Gas, eh? Glad you're feeling well.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home