Good Times and Boxed Whine

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Things I've noticed while on O2

  • my cough is gone. Well I have it once in awhile, but my morning cough that would last forever. GONE!!!
  • I can walk up the stairs with out stopping. I still stop out of habit but am getting myself used to not stopping in the middle of the stairs, pretending to look at the pictures for the millionth time.
  • I can clean with out stopping for about 30 minutes. I think that is just my ADD causing me to get bored and start something new.
  • I can walk around town, like the grocery store, to Dominic football practice and get the mail with out getting to winded.
  • I can EXERCISE again. Tried it for the first time today. Just Yoga, but hell its something.
  • I cook more often instead of giving Michael that chore. Man I missed cooking most of all.
  • I have more energy.
  • I can take a shower not a bath and I don't have to sit down in the middle of the shower because I'm getting light headed.
  • People look at me and wonder why, but never ask.
  • The few people that make eye contact with me when I have it on, instantly look away. I'm guessing its because they don't want to be accused of "staring", but I kind of miss the eye contact I used to get.
  • my ears hurt more now because of the tubes resting on them.
  • I never have a runny nose anymore since it is constantly getting air forced into it.
  • I can't run and hide from my family because all they have to do at home is follow the cord and they know where I am.
  • I can walk Caya for short walks which I know she likes.
  • Dominic isn't embarrassed of his mom wearing her oxygen out in public. If he is, then he's a good actor because he sure doesn't act like it does.
  • I don't take as many cough drops, cough medicine or even valiums (for my anxiety when I cough in fear I'm going to collaspe my lung again) anymore.
  • my friends and family have been very supportive with my new accessory. Even my niece has seen me in it and didn't even question me. Also my friends 2 year old daughter who is going on 21 I swear, didn't even ask me what was up my nose when she saw me wearing it.

So life is pretty good now. I'm not about to wear it into a job interview, but I am hoping that when I do find a new job and the day comes where I need to wear it, that they are as supportive and understanding as everyone else has been to me.

until I can think of something else to write,

Carmen

feeling: perky for the first time in awhile and I don't mean because I'm wearing some new wonder bra. LOL!!!

5 Comments:

  • At 7:46 PM, Blogger Granny said…

    What great news. Amazing what one can accomplish when she can breathe.

     
  • At 9:42 PM, Blogger haggardmom said…

    Wow, Carmen, that sounds wonderful!
    Sounds like you're getting your old self back :-)

     
  • At 8:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sounds like you're doing great and the O2 is helping. I'm so glad it's helping you feel good and you're able to do the things you used to do.

     
  • At 12:44 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Holla!

     
  • At 3:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So glad to hear you're feeling well. I bet Caya is enjoying those walks as wells as Mike and Dominic enjoying mom's cooking.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home