Good Times and Boxed Whine

Sunday, August 20, 2006

friends in low places

I have a job interview tomorrow at 11:30pm. It's for a receptionist position. It doesn't pay as well as I'd like, but its only 3 miles away from my home, so the save on gas balances everything out. Also its part time Mon-Fri 10-3pm which is my ideal hours that I want to work. So wish me luck. I'll be sure and write tomorrow after my interview to tell you how it goes.

We had a pretty uneventful weekend. We didn't have any get togethers and we didn't go out but we did get the garage all cleaned up and are going to finish the balcony and add lights to the patio. So looking at it now, it seems like we actually had a pretty busy one. I should finish the touch up painting but I am so over painting, that I just keep putting it off week after week.

My friend Michele had her baby boy Connor. He is so adorable. They live back in CT. but the photos she sent me, I just want to eat him. I'm going to look for baby clothes to send him this week. I love shopping for babies. I guess its because I'll never have anymore but its still fun to shop and play with babies and then be able to give them back to their owners (hee hee) when they poop their diapers or cry.

We were talking in bed this morning about how this duty station is probably the best other than Key West due to the weather and so much to do but the worst when it comes to friends. We haven't met any friends like we had in CT. Well I take that back we have Jenny/Art and extended family out the wood works, but nothing compares to all the friends we had in Key West or Groton. I really miss both places because of that. I think the main reason that is (our lack of friends/support) is one Mike command exist of like 8 single guys and also because San Diego is so damn big. Key West is like 3 miles by 5 miles big and Groton is just as small. I think our town of Santee is bigger than the whole city of Key West so we are living in a big city, which I am still adjusting too. I guess looking back I always thought I was a big city girl but now that I'm getting older I'm starting to enjoy the small town atmosphere. I wouldn't change things. San Diego is awesome, I just wish more of our friends would get stationed out here. Unless we get Kings Bay, GA. or Cape Canaveral, Fla. we will pretty much stay here if the Navy lets us since we bought a place and all.

Oh I have some exciting news. I found a friend from high school, that I lived with for a little over a year after I graduated. Her name is Emily. We were extremely close and lost touch after she moved back to AZ. and I moved to Miami. Her brother is in the Navy and he recently made Chief and so I saw his name on the list of promotions. I didn't think it was the same person being that it had been so long since I heard that name and all. Well it ended up being the same guy and I got in contact with her after 13 years. Its awesome. I really missed her. Yesterday when Mike and Dominic were cleaning up the garage we came across all the old photos from back then, so I sent her a bunch. It was so funny seeing some of those old pictures. Man what dorks we were. If I ever get the nerve to post a few of them on her I'll show you just how silly we were back then.

Well I'm gonna sign of and step away from the computer today. I feel that sometimes the computer is a tumor attached to my hand. LOL!!!

Until I can think of something else to write,
Carmen

P.S. Oh Michael and I watched a movie called "The Family Stone". It was a bit sad but a really good movie. I'd recommend it if you haven't seen it yet.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home