Good Times and Boxed Whine

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

New Doctor, New Treatment, New Diet

So I went to see Dr. Alwa today to go over a new approach to my disease. I gave the doctor from Tibet 4 months and didn't see any improvement other than my weight lose and actually I started feeling more tired so I decided to see a new doc. She also treats with natural herbs and diet but her approach is more from China than Tibet. To me that wouldn't mean much because I thought they were all in the same when it came to Asian medicine but I guess its very different.

Anyhow to make a long story short, i really like her. She's an American and has 2 doctorates I believe she said one in pathology and one in biology. Then she sort of strayed away from traditional medicine and started studying Chinese medicine and herbal therapy. She's really cute probably 4'11 (makes me feel tall LOL) long blonde hair and real easy going.

So with a new plan means new diet and herbs. Luckily these herbs I can swallow (no,chewing rocks anymore). The diet part is much easier than I was one but now I fear that I will start gaining weight back so I will probably still stay away from some of the carbs. So I have to take about 6 different enzyme pills a day and drink a teaspoon of this other stuff right after my meals and go from there. She said she found Candida in my chest and urine, which is like a parasite I guess. This could be a lot of the reason why I cough and have chest (lung) problems. So she is hoping with proper diet and these new pills I will kill the parasites and start feeling better. She doesn't make any promises on curing me of my disease (which she shouldn't because there isn't a cure) but does believe that she can help me have a better quality of life. So I am happy with that. Like I said I will anything 3 good months (4 maybe like I did before) and see if I do feel anything change. If not all I simply have to do is quit and go back to traditional medicine which I still do any way.

So here's my new diet:
  • NO sugars: all sugars except stevia.
  • No Fruit or Fruit Juices: because it is loaded in sugar. This is going to be hard because I live on fruit now.
  • No Veggies high in sugar: such as corn, carrots, yam/sweet potatoes, Beets (yuck wouldn't eat them anyway)
  • No alcohol: man I'll miss my wine but hey I did all right before so maybe I'll still stick to a glass on Saturday's.
  • No Yeast,Molds, and Fungi: no baker's yeast (bread), mushrooms (this will be hard, I'll miss my mushrooms), and molds in cheeses.
  • No Dairy: but eggs are considered a poultry so I can have them. I'm getting used to the no dairy thing already. But this plan I can't have goat milk products like before.

Things that are a little different from before these things I can have:

  • pork in fact all meats, and seafood and poultry
  • eggs both whites and yokes
  • all nuts
  • beans
  • peas
  • rice yes even white rice again. :)
  • flat breads w/out yeast added (I assume this is pita bread but I'll have to look into that one)
  • Quality pasta made from semolina or whole Durham? Not to sure what this is
  • all veggies other than the 4 mentioned up above.
  • potatoes but not sweet or yam
  • Did I mention I can't have any FRUIT AT ALL. That Blows!!!!

3 things I'm happy for:

  • my parents for helping me pay for my medical expenses.
  • my husband for being supportive in me trying to find relief from this disease.
  • for a doctor truly trying to help me out, and not just trying to get me in and out quickly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home