Good Times and Boxed Whine

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

To you; To me

To be able to talk to a friend without getting winded
Too laugh so hard you get tears in your eyes or almost pee yourself
To be able to sing
To you this may come so easy but to me these are the things I pray and wish for

To take a shower with out sitting down
To be able to clean a house with out stopping
To walk up a flight of stairs with out having to stop
To go to the grocery store with out using a go cart
To be able to walk more than 15 feet with out getting winded
To be able to go for a walk with a dog
To you these may sound like “No Brainers” but to me these are things I pray and wish for

To exercise
To swim
To walk on a treadmill
To ride a bike
To rollerblade
To run a marathon
To you these may be things you hate to do but to me these are things I pray and wish for

To be able to dance
To enjoy sex with out worrying it may make me too winded
To enjoy the out doors
To go to an amusement park and be able to go on the rides
To you, you may take these for granted but to me these are things I pray and wish for

To be able to stand up longer than 10 minutes with out feeling light headed or winded
To not have a plastic tube coming out of my nose be part of my fashion statement
To not have an umbilical cord (nick name) attached to me and my O2 when I’m at home
To not have to plan my day outside the house around my oxygen tanks
To you these are probably things you never think about
But to me these are things I pray and wish

To be able to breathe again like a normal person
To you this may be so simple but to me it’s not and I pray and wish for it everyday.

6 Comments:

  • At 6:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Carmen, I pray and wish for those things for you too. Have a happy valentine's day! btw, comet will be sending you a pic soon, ;)

     
  • At 8:32 AM, Blogger Schmoop said…

    I hope that all of your prayers and wishes come true Carmen...Cheers

     
  • At 6:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ((hugs))
    I wish all of these things could be easy for you. Stay strong.

     
  • At 8:55 AM, Blogger Klu said…

    Hi, Carmen. It's me, Klu the Bear.

    I was doin' some surfin' on my new Random Blog button, and I found your blog. My Big Mummy read some of it, and did some 'splainin' cuz I didn't understand it all. (I think it's a blog for grownups.) I just wanted to tell you that me and Roma (she's my cousin and she's an orange muppet) are gonna say a prayer for you to feel better.

    Sincerely,
    Klu the Bear

     
  • At 10:16 AM, Blogger tcramer said…

    I wish these things for you as well.

    {{{hugs}}}

    Tamera

     
  • At 5:49 PM, Blogger Laura said…

    Carmen, that was beautifully written, and I hope you get your wishes, too! I like the music, as well (A Long December).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home