Good Times and Boxed Whine

Monday, February 12, 2007

3 day weekend

My 3 day weekend is coming too a close. Man it went too fast but I must say it was nice to do nothing. I actually take that back we did do stuff, but it wasn't cleaning like it normally is on weekends. We actually got to do some of the house work that we really have been wanting too get done but never have had a chance. It really is great that Michael has finally agreed to get help with the house cleaning. We got so much done this weekend it feels great. Plus we have been real good with trying too keep up with the keeping the house in order.

So this weekend we got the floors finally done, the spare bedroom all cleaned up and things hung on the walls, the patio and balcony cleaned up and organized, the laundry done, taught Dominic how to play cribbage and ended it all last time with a great dinner at Seneca and Candace's house. They are our neighbors that sadly we don't see enough of but finally our schedules allowed it and we went over for a great rib dinner and good wine and great conversation.

Today Michael had to work but Dominic and I have it off so we have been doing what we normally do on Sundays' which is relaxing and watching movies. Tonight we are going over to Rachel's because it is our nephew's 17Th birthday. Man, he's growing up so fast.

Speaking of Rachel her cousin Hillary is the one that helped me find my house cleaner. She cleans her house also and she also sees an alternative doctor for herself. She emailed me today after reading my last blog entry and wanted to know if I wanted to see her doctor. Hers is a little bit different than the Tibet doctor and the good news is she gives free consults so I told her I would love to see her doctor. Like I have mentioned in the past at this point in my disease I really have nothing to lose by trying other types of treatments. I'm am determined too find something that helps me. If I can't get on a transplant list yet because Dr. Yung says I'm still too "healthy" (yea right that's a joke healthy) then I will just keep trying other methods and hope that maybe there will be something out there to help me slow the process until I am put on a transplant list. Like I say all the time, I'm not leaving with out a fight and by trying different methods too deal with my disease is my fight then so be it. I'll try.

I'll keep you posted on this other alternative doctor and who knows maybe this will work for me. Going to take a nap then freshen up for my nephews little get together.

Until I can think of something else,
Carmen

3 things I'm happy about:
  1. 3 day weekends.
  2. neighbors that invite us over for good food, wine and friendship. Thanks Hall family you are awesome.
  3. Hillary for possibly giving me a chance at slowing down this process in my lungs by giving me her doctors number. Thanks Girl!!!

3 Comments:

  • At 3:36 PM, Blogger Granny said…

    Stay positive!! We have no idea how laughter and positive thinking work but there's lots of evidence they do.

     
  • At 6:26 AM, Blogger Rex White said…

    Keep your head up... nice to know you've got the name of someone else to check out. I'm motivated when I see that you keep having hope and keep looking forward!

     
  • At 5:54 PM, Blogger Laura said…

    Carmen, glad you had a great weekend, found someone to clean (what a big help that will be! I hate cleaning, and I don't have any physical reasons to not get it done - just mental ones!), and have a new potential doctor! I agree, you have nothing to lose! We're all hoping you win some with the new doctor!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home