Good Times and Boxed Whine

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

I live in a dog pound

So I stayed home today because I had a stomach ache (with "issues") and a migraine. The migraine has been something I've been suffering with ever since they put me on blood pressure medicine. I keep getting headaches and I've tried 2 different types of medicine trying to find something that helps my heart rate, yet gives me no headaches. Nothing so far has helped and actually this new one has given me hot flashes so I feel terrible.

Anyhow, I called out of work today and thought a good day sleep and/or rest will get rid of my headache. I figured, adults are at work, kids at school and the neighborhood would be quiet. Boy I was wrong. Instead the neighborhood was barking. They call the section of condos where we live "dog alley" because every house has a dog but I never realized what the big deal was until I was home today and trying to get rid of my headache. I swear they were barking at nothing. Even my dog who isn't a barker most of the time had to chime in with the rest. Man she's such a follower. Anyhow my day that was suppose to be peaceful and restful ended up being worse because I couldn't get rid of this headache and I only thought of things to get the dogs to shut up. Me thinking hard for ways to deal with the dogs only made my head hurt worse. I think going to work would of been better looking back now. It's now 4:15pm and guess what? I don't hear a damn sound other than my oxygen machine. Such is my luck. Oh well I guess there is always tomorrow. I'll suck it up tomorrow and just take my Motrin and deal with the headache instead of dealing with the dog pound I live in.

I love my neighborhood and dogs to death but I am now starting to worry about the long summer if these dogs continue to bark all the time. We used to have a neighbor who of course didn't have a dog and was like the neighborhood police and would complain about anything. She once even complained to us about Caya whining when we left in the morning during the first few weeks we moved in. Looking back the neighborhood was nice and quiet. I think those dogs knew she meant business. Today is the day I actually missed her being my neighbor.

Until I can think of something else to write,
Carmen
3 things I'm thankful for:
  1. dark rooms
  2. quiet afternoons
  3. caffeine and Motrin 800 mgs.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:11 PM, Blogger Laura said…

    Sorry about the barking! I hate when my dogs bark. I always work with them to not bark at people when we're outside. I don't mind if they bark when someone comes to the door, but that's the only time I want to hear it! It's like, "Yeah, I know people are walking down the street. They're not coming in our yard, so if that changes, you can bark at them. Otherwise, SHUT UP!" Ahh. Hope you stay headache free for the rest of the week!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home