Good Times and Boxed Whine

Friday, June 22, 2007

Chris D.

Chris Drennon

  • First time I met you was our "Get to know the family" BBQ we had one at our house in New London. I thought you were actually quiet and really country (all because of the accent).
  • Meeting you and Michelle at Chuck E Cheese and having dinner there so the kids could take all our money and have us leave that place broke and with a headache and quickly in a need for some alcohol.
  • Rhodes Island trip to Providence Mall (if my memory was right you and Michelle and the kids were there but maybe I'm wrong on this one).
  • Numerous evenings at our house just hanging out. Maybe watching football or nascar (nascrap) or simply just swinging by on your way to the mini-mart to say hi or to keep Michael company.
  • Trick or treating with the kids.
  • Numerous stories of you from when you all were in school together, dog balls, to greasy head to God knows what. When there was a funny story, usually your name came up.
  • Getting in trouble for Michelle's license plate during 9-11.
  • Being our "White Chris Rock".
  • Checking up on me when Mike was on deployment. I should of got you to mow the lawn but it was still nice for you to make sure Dominic and I were OK.
  • To answering my questions on cytoxen, prednisone or any other drug they put me on when Mike wasn't there to answer the questions. Plus, I don't think he'd been as patient. You say you don't have much sympathy for people but I think you have a lot of patience when I'd ask you over and over about my chemo drugs. And/or call you to check my blood work results.
  • Watching Caya when we went on trips.
  • Babysitting Dominic when we wanted to go out alone.
  • Being my partner in John/Cheryl's wedding. Not sure you had a choice but I'm glad I walked with you since I wasn't able to walk with my hubby.
  • Getting you in trouble for saying "Right back at you babe." Still am sorry for that by the way.
  • Not being able to funnel and letting them seawolf guys torture you into trying to do it and making you practice with water until you got it right. Man that was a crazy night.
  • Still to this day when you call looking for Mike always making me laugh with your crazy stories of parenthood and work.
  • Being a great friend to me but especially to Mike. You help him escape his daily stress that he deals with me and forget even if it's for just for those few moments that he has to deal with a wife that has such a terrible disease.

3 things I'm happy for:

  1. Good memories
  2. good friends
  3. good times

1 Comments:

  • At 10:37 AM, Blogger Schmoop said…

    Nice tribute Carmen. Have a good weekend and Cheers!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home