Good Times and Boxed Whine

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Schools out for Summer!!!!!!!!

Today is my last of work. It's sort of bitter sweet. I'm looking forward to sleeping in and saving money/gas/mileage on my car, but I also fear not getting myself up everyday and "having" to be somewhere that my health will decline once again. So I am going to try, try and try some more to really stay motivated and keep myself busy, as well as Dominic. So my summer goals are:

  1. To do those 10 minutes work outs I found on Free Zone everyday and if I go to the pool I'll do various exercises there as well. Like leg lifts, and bicycling. I know 10 minutes doesn't sound like crap to most of you, but coming from a person who hasn't exercised in probably a year this is a lot. Plus cut me some slack, I'm on oxygen and on immunesuppressent drugs. I hope to do this everyday, but if I can only do it 3 days a week, I'm not going to beat myself up. Something is better than nothing.
  2. Make sure Dominic reads at least 30 minutes a day. As much as he HATES to read, I need to make sure he keeps up with it over the summer so he doesn't drop any further in his reading skills.
  3. Catch my scrap books up.
  4. Get my legs to match the same shade of brown as my arms.
  5. keep the house tidy and do laundry more often.
  6. Last have as much fun as I can!!!

I watched the movie/documentary called "A shot in the dark" I watched it by myself, it's nothing really Mike or Dominic would be interested in but I enjoyed it and it opened my eyes a little more to my life and the way I try to put my puzzle of life together. It sort of dragged in some areas but shit life can drag at times as well.

Happy Summer,

Carmen

3 things I'm Happy about:

  1. Last day of work.
  2. Dominic's getting all B's and 1 C on his report card.
  3. Feeling pretty good lately on my medication. Hopefully my blood work and urine will say the same thing.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:30 PM, Blogger kristi said…

    My sister works at the school and has summers off. They stay up late and sleep til' noon. Wonder how that feels??

     
  • At 10:47 PM, Blogger sammy dizzle said…

    HAHA! D is like me..I hated reading when i was a kid and still dont like it. There used to be this thing when i was in elementry school to get kids to read; if you read like 1000 minutes like in a months time (soo dont remember) the kid would get a free ticket to six flags. Never got that fee ticket...LOL, shows how much i HATED to read. OH! and we are deff. related...I have the same problem, arms will tan face and feet will tan but i can never get my legs to tan.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home