Good Times and Boxed Whine

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Milk Glass Moon.

I'm reading a book Called "Milk Glass Moon" by Adriana Trigiani and recently she wrote some stuff that hit home. I'm only about half way through the book but it's a really good easy reading book if you are interested. These few things I'm writing are a little deep but they hit home and so I wanted to write them here in my blog. The book isn't really this deep just this chapter in the book, where she just found at one of her friends has breast cancer and later on in the chapter she is talking to her daughter about her mom who passed of breast cancer before her (daughter) was born. Again, it sounds so sad and hard to read but really it isn't like that at all. It's very easy reading actually a great story of a woman trying to redirect her life and her journey on how to parent her preteen daughter who goes through all the rebellious stages teens go through.

"I just wish you didn't have to go through this at all."
"Honey, that ain't on the list of options. There's so much I want to do with my life. I'm not gonna let this get me down. I got plans. I think of all the places in this world that I want to see, and how happy I'll be when I get there. I've never looked at my life like it would end. But now I have proof that the clock is ticking. And by God, I'm not leavin' until I've seen and done everything I've always wanted to do."


"But I could sort of understand when my mother passed away; she was sick a long time, and toward the end I begged God to take her. She was so thin, and she was in a lot of pain. They a;ways tell you that they can give you something for the pain., but they really can't. I don't think it's just physical pain either,it's the sadness at leaving the world and the people you love."

3 Things I'm happy for:
  1. A great book to keep me company when there is nothing to watch during the summer time.
  2. A quiet house and all you hear are the trees and birds outside and my dog snoring on her bed.
  3. The long summer evenings we are starting to get.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home