Good Times and Boxed Whine

Thursday, May 31, 2007

What would happen if you told the absolute truth all day?

I believe that I do tell the truth all day long but everyone is known for telling white lies in order to keep peace or to not come off as a bitch or to hurt someones feelings. I believe if I was to tell the real truth and no white lies I would probably hurt some peoples feelings. Sometimes when I hear people complain about their life and what they are doing with it I want to scream.
Some may complain about wanting to lose weight, while others may complain about their jobs or children, or debt or not getting something accomplishment that they want in life.
Some may say they are going to die because they have the littlest fever or sore throat or cough while others will complain that they are the victims of everyone else's conspiracy theories.
I want to shake these people and tell them, if you want to lose weight quit the chewing. I lost 25 pounds with out exercise, it's called being disciplined and really wanting it. When people complain about their children I want to tell them "Well at least you have children." Some try for years and never are successful.
People who complain about their jobs I want to tell hem "quit" If you are that unhappy then why stay there and make everyone else miserable around you. If you hate your house then move if you are sick stay home so yo don't spread the germs and get us all sick. If your life is that bad then its very simple fix it or shut up.
If I was to tell the real truth when people asked me "Hey how you feeling?" I would rather bore them with all my aches and pains and how sick of being winded and just being tired of being sick and probably end up losing the majority of my friends. I would also end up snapping at someone and telling them "Just because I look good (as they tell me ) doesn't mean I am good" People can be internally ill and still have nice clothes and put on make up and fix their hair. It doesn't mean that in the inside everything is working and ticking the way it should be, it simply means I care about my appearance.
If I was to tell the honest truth I would tell one of my neighbors that their dog is driving me insane with its barking and that I finally sent a letter in to the condo association to complain about it.
I'd tell people to f' off when they looked at me on my medical scooter or wearing oxygen and I would tell my doctors that truthfully I'm sicker than I want to tell them I am but I'm terrified of them running more test and it rather hurting me physically, or getting put on new/more medication or them finding yet something new about my condition.
I'd tell certain people to forget the past because there isn't anything you can do about it and move forward because they are wasting valuable time. That life is too short to hold grudges and to be a hater.
I'd tell certain family members to drink less and others to have a drink to calm their nerves. I'd tell some to eat better and not smoke while other to maybe smoke some pot or pop a Valium to chill.
I'd tell some people they dress like a tramp or too revealing for their age or body type while I would tell others to show off their beautiful curves.
I'd tell people to not to stress over the littlest things and to stop and smell the flowers more often and enjoy life because you just never know when it's going to be taken away from you.
If I told the absolute truth all day I would have a lot of explaining to do when the next day and that I why I am a big believer than a little white lie is better than hurting someones feelings.

3 Comments:

  • At 2:10 AM, Blogger Granny said…

    Nobody would speak to each other ever again is what would happen.

    Thanks for your comment today. I've been a little slow getting around lately.

     
  • At 8:06 PM, Blogger Rex White said…

    Some days I feel the same way. Then I realize I wouldn't have many friends.

    Wait...

    I don't have that many anyway!! My bad! :)

     
  • At 5:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I believe in little white lies too I guess, but I more often speak the truth. You made a lot of really good points that I know I'll carry around with me. Thank you so much ma'am. I love you. And the truth.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home