Good Times and Boxed Whine

Monday, July 09, 2007

Sicko, no not the movie me!

I haven't wrote in awhile because of many reasons; but mainly I have been nursing a cold that has taken over a week to finally go away enough for me to focus on my journaling. We went to Vegas which was a great time but by Thursday my body said "OK Carmen you've been around enough smoke for a life time and have done more in 6 days than you have all year. I'm shutting down the house." So Thursday afternoon I had said pretty much that I was done gambling and drinking and seeing Vegas and I was ready to go home whenever Mike and Dominic were. Lucky for me (not really) Friday both of them woke up with sore throats and head colds so we decided to go home a day early. We didn't come home big winners but we did enjoy our time there and that was the most important thing. Sadly, Monday I woke up with their sore throat and it lasted until about Friday and then it went into a head cold which I still have but I'm feeling much, much better today. I still feel crappy and actually cloudy but that is probably all the cold medicine I have been taking finally kicking in all at once.

So when we got home from Vegas we had a ton of mail to go threw and one thing I notice was a post card from UCSD telling me that my appointment on the 3rd has been changed to the 31st. This sucks because it keeps me in limbo another 3 weeks not knowing what we are going to do regarding the transplant or what our next step is but I know that Dr. Yung is a busy guy and I can't really do much about that but be disappointed. So I will see him on the 31st and I'll see my normal pulmonary doctor on the 25Th (both in July not August). I'm anxious to see them to discuss my blood work and the new medicine. I know that my blood work has been coming back a little bit messed up due to my connections but nothing is in the "critical" stages yet. I am just wondering if I am "tolerating" the medicine enough that it won’t affect me from starting the transplant procedure. Some of the things are coming back high when it comes to my kidney's but I haven't got any call from the doctors telling me to stop taking or reduce my medicine intake so rather they have forgot about me and my blood work (which wouldn't surprise me, being that usually I have to be proactive when it comes to getting any results back) or they don't see any concern yet. I haven't been as proactive this time around for a few reasons: 1. I went on vacation and didn't want any bad news to ruin my trip. 2. Like I said nothing has come back critical so I'm not going to stress it too much and 3. I simply don't want know if I could handle more bad news like I've been receiving lately so I am just going to wait it out until I see them in person. 4. I assume (yes I know NEVER do that) that if my blood work and urine was something to be worried about the people who draw my blood/urine would contact my doctors right away. I'm just going to wait it out and hope for the best. I will keep you posted on all my future appointments and what they have to say.

Other than that our summer has been pretty good. Vegas was great, D and I have been enjoying going to bed late and sleeping in later. We've been going to the pool to keep cool a lot and so that has been nice to get out of the house and get some sunshine on my body. I SO need a new bathing suit but can't find one I like. The one I have is too big now that I have lost so much weight (I'm 127.4 now). I hate shopping for bathing suits though. Unless you have a model figure you never are happy 100% or I'm not at least. Knowing me I'll find a bathing suit at the end of the summer and then won’t be able to use it until next year, oh wait I live in San Diego I can pretty much wear one year round. LOL!!! Had to through that in. :) Well that's about it. Now that I'm feeling a bit better I hope to write more in here. I'm going to go enjoy the summer day before it ends.

Until I can think of something else to write,

Carmen San Diego

3 things I'm happy about today:

  1. Starting to finally feel better.
  2. My husband because man does he do a lot for me especially when I'm sicker than normal.
  3. Marc/Donna (Michael's dad and step mom) because they were a huge help when they came to visit this last time.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home