Good Times and Boxed Whine

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Go Cowboys!!! Santee Cowboys that is.



Santee Cowboys did it! They won the game 20-13. We are all a bunch of proud parents. All the kids did awesome and showed great growth from the pre-season games. As far as Dominic he started as middle linebacker and also offensive tackle. He did really well for starting his first game as linebacker but he did get a penalty which caused the team 15 yards. Ouch!! We won’t know the full truth until we get to review the tape but his side of the story was a player on the other team threw him down by his helmet and so Dominic hit (pushed) him. The referee only saw what Dominic did and called him on it and of course being my son (and Mike’s) he stood up for what he thought was right and argued with the referee. Needless to say he was sent to the bench for 2 plays and lectured by the other defensive coach (Mike let the other coach handle it) because it might mean more coming from him and not his dad. The coach told him “I love the passion you have but use it on the players not the referee.” So he did and for the rest of the game he kept his mouth shut and used his “tackling fuel” as I quote from my favorite football movie “The Waterboy”. Afterwards we celebrated with the neighbors who came to the game and had pizza, beer and the kids shared “kids wine “as they call it. So enjoy the pictures and again Dominic is #56.

3 Things I'm happy for today:
1-getting this slide show working after 2 hours of playing with it.
2- getting some of my voice back but my throat hurts a bit from forcing my voice the past few days. Damned if you do damned if you don't I guess.
3- Having a relaxing Sunday. I'm really starting to enjoy these days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home