Good Times and Boxed Whine

Monday, June 19, 2006

Busy weekend

Even though we should of been doing house stuff, we decided to enjoy the weekend with friends and family. Saturday we had dinner with Michael's brother. It was very low key. They BBQ'd pork steaks which are one of Michael's favorite especially if you do it St. Louis style. We haven't got together with them alone I don't believe since our blow up so it was a bit awkward but a step forward and possibly a step in the right direction. A lot has happened in San Diego, some of which was my fault. But I never right in my blog things that I wouldn't tell you to your face. Yes it gets me in lots of trouble because I don't hold back. Good or bad, I'll tell you. My parents have always raised me to be honest, so that is my motto. So any of you who read my last blog know I hurt their feelings because I put my opinions on a situation on the WWW and I hurt them really bad. It happened around the holidays which didn't make anything any better but we did have dinner and I guess in a way its their way of saying they are putting that behind them and moving forward. I've apologized to them numerous of times but when I get something in my head its really hard to change my views. Big flaw of mine I guess, but dinner was nice. Like I said its a step forward and we'll just see what happens next.

Father's day we started off doing really nothing. Mike got to watch Nascar (Nascrap is what I call it) with out me saying a word of how horrible of a so called sport it is. He opened his gifts we got him, which was a raiders cooler and a laser level thingy and he also will be going to the Goo Goo Dolls and Counting Crows concert at the end of the month. So he had a really good Father's day. Then we went to Candy's house. Candy is my ex sister in law. Actually its harder than that, she's my ex sister in law, sister in law. Does that make any sense? We still are friends and Dominic still looks at them still as his Aunts, Uncles and cousins and what not. And their kids still call me Aunt Carmen and Uncle Mike. Anyhow, Jenny and Art my friend from work and her boyfriend also came over to the BBQ. We ate salsa, chips, sausage, shrimp, mushrooms, fajitas, rice and pasta salad. We had wine and just hung out in the back yard and enjoyed ourselves. I actually think this may have been Michael's favorite father's day, because we usually don't do much and I think he ate so much food that I know we wouldn't of got at home if I was cooking.

So like I said our weekend was filled with things to do but now that means we still have so much more to do that we have put off another weekend. It was nice though to be able to take a break from working on the house and enjoy the company of friends. Well I need to do come house work and then go get my nails done and eyebrows waxed. Man a womans day is never done. LOL!!!

Until I can think of something else too write,
Carmen San Diego

feeling: sluggish
mood: calm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home