Good Times and Boxed Whine

Friday, July 21, 2006

Today I turned 33

Today is my birthday and I turned 33. I'm really excited because the first doctor I met regarding my disease said the odds of my living past 5 years is very slim. This year made that 5 years mark and so I say to him "Whatcha got to say now fucka?" I'm still kicking. May be a dull little kick but I'm still around and laughing on the inside and smiling on the outside. So I have decided to right 33 things that I have learned in my old years so far. Here goes:
  1. I am much stronger than I want to pretend I am. My husband is a big help in this matter because he pushes me when I want to give up. I hate it at that moment but I thank him later on for not letting me give up on myself.
  2. to love my son even if he gets in trouble or drives me crazy at times. Before I know it he'll be out of the house and on his own and so I'll miss these years he drives me up a wall.
  3. happy endings are much better than scary but I still prefer a good scary movie anyday.
  4. I am a good friend to all my friends and I thank them that they remind me of this every once in awhile.
  5. Some days its ok not to take a shower as long as you still put deodorant and powder on. LOL!!
  6. a good box of wine is just a good as a good bottle of wine just people need to be adventurous and try it. (I can recommend a few if you want me too. )
  7. Even if you lose touch with friends; true friends that is, and you contact them after a long period, its great to feel like they were never out of your life. I've learned this in just the last few weeks.
  8. treat everyone like you want to be treated.
  9. look at someone in their eyes when they are talking to you.
  10. loving someone can be the best thing or the worst thing you ever do regardless its a chance I'd take in a heartbeat.
  11. keep in touch with family no matter what. They are you back burners of life.
  12. if you've fucked up, man up and apologize.
  13. beauty isn't a size 3 its how you carry yourself and how you treat others around you.
  14. you don't have to go to church to be religious but God still wants you to visit his house once in awhile.
  15. getting into a debate about politics sucks because there is never a real winner. Everyone has there own beliefs.
  16. same thing goes with religion.
  17. same thing goes with gay/lesbians.
  18. same thing goes with how you raise your children.
  19. even though I'm tan doesn't mean I don't need spf Everyone needs SPF.
  20. return phone calls people appreciate that.
  21. same thing goes with emails and snail mail.
  22. take time out to have "me" time
  23. once in awhile enjoy a sunrise or sunset. It can be better than sex or chocolate if you really get a great day/night.
  24. send thank you notes when you get gifts.
  25. just because you are diagnosed with a disease doesn't mean you have to have that define who you are.
  26. dust doesn't disappear you have to clean to get rid of it.
  27. its ok to make mistake as long as you learn from them.
  28. learn to say No to people. You can't make everyone happy.
  29. try to conquer one fear a year. It's tough but atleast I have a million fears on my list.
  30. "just because" emails, calls, flowers or gifts are sometimes better than special occasions.
  31. be friends with anyone you want, don't follow a click, its ok to step outside the box.
  32. don't be afraid to ask for help.
  33. live each day to the fullest because you never know when your time is up.

6 Comments:

  • At 7:03 PM, Blogger Granny said…

    I must have forgotten to add you to bloglines, etc. I missed a few when my husband was sick. Of course I remember you.

    Happy Birthday.

    110° here in Merced (at around 6 p.m.)

     
  • At 7:06 PM, Blogger Granny said…

    P, S, Very nice post.

     
  • At 7:24 PM, Blogger sammy dizzle said…

    GIRL HAPPY B-DAY!!!!!...i'm soo sry i wasnt able to send a an e-mail or somethin the DAY of...havin that lil black out was NOT fun....i hope u enjoyed yourself!

    -Sam

     
  • At 8:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Birthday Carmen!!
    What a beautiful list!

     
  • At 5:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy (late) Birthday!!!

    Awesome awesome list. Loved it! And congrats on your 5 years. Here's to many many more. *raises glass

     
  • At 10:15 PM, Blogger haggardmom said…

    Happy Birthday and AMEN! :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home