Good Times and Boxed Whine

Friday, November 10, 2006

Week 6

This week I lost the most weight in one week than I have so far on this meal plan. I am down to 147.4. That is giving me a total lose of 7.4 pounds since I started. I'm pretty excited because that means I'm only about 12 pounds away from my goal. It's a slow process but hey I'm losing so it’s all good.
I went to see the doctor from Tibet earlier this week and didn't post about it because there really wasn't much too say. He always brings up my period or lack there of so I often wonder how screwed up my body is or would be if I wasn't on birth control pills to regulate my hormones? He said he wanted me to stick to the same diet plan and he increased those tasty (not) pills. He also told me that there was still a lot of mucus around my lungs which still floors me because he gets all this information just my touching my wrist. I am aware of this because my CAT scan came back that there was new growth of Fibrosis. I'm not sure when he says mucus he is referring to fibrosis or if it’s actually mucus, regardless I know my lungs aren't in the best shape and that I will try anything to live another day.
I plan to stick to this lifestyle change because I have started to get more energy. I used to say my cough was gone in the morning but it's returned but then again San Diego has been going through some weird weather so it could all be related to that. I was a bit discouraged when he talked more about my period than my lungs but with the language barrier we have its hard too really talk to him and ask a bunch of question. So my plan is to continue to see him until January but if I don't feel any drastic changes in my breathing then I will stop going to him. I won’t give up on the diet because I really do enjoy it. I just will stop going to see him and eating those nasty herbs. I can't justify forking out 110.00 a month for a visit to him and some herbs that may not be helping me. I'm not giving up I'm just going to not see him anymore after January if I don't see a change. I said I'd give it 3 good months and that is what I am sticking to.
Other than that, life is pretty good. Michael and I had that terrible dreaded talk regarding my plans for when I pass on. We need to go too the Lawyers too change my will but at least he knows my last wishes. It was hard at first too talk about but its something that we needed too do and be totally honest about it. Even outside of the disease I think any adult should have a will and should tell someone there last wishes because you don't know when you time is up. Are you interested in what I told him? Well maybe some time this week I'll posted my last wishes. Nothing too weird or anything but maybe not writing them now will make you read my blog more often. Sort of like a suspense movie. LOL.
Yes I already mentioned it; life is pretty good this week. That rubbing/popping feeling I have in my right lung is still there and so I didn't work out at all this week. But I don't feel it today so maybe I'll get some weight lifting in a little later. I have friends from CT in town so tonight they are coming over for dinner. It should be a lot of fun. Then in about a week my parents and brother will be here for Thanksgiving and so I'm trying to get the house together for them. It should be a great visit as long as I don't get sick. Well that's it. Got too start my day.

Happy Veteran's Day,
Carmen San Diego

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home