Good Times and Boxed Whine

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Week 7

Start of week 7 I've learned that pizza is my enemy. I decided last night for some strange reason to eat pizza. I got my half with mostly veggies, trying to think that that would make me eating pizza one of the forbidden foods more acceptable. Well I was wrong, I have been experiencing a bad case of gas cramps and stomach ache. What was I thinking? I mean just about everything on the pizza is a no no. So, I've learned my lesson, not to even try to sneak the crap because the only thing I get out if it is gas cramps and possible worse later on. That being said I still lost more weight. I'm not sure how this is happening because I didn't exercise at all this week unless you count walking around in La Jolla with friends as exercise or cleaning bathrooms on my hands and knees. I just seem to have no motivation to exercise these days. The few times I do exercise it's like pulling teeth. I have to force myself to do it and when I do it I don't even thank myself for doing it after words or feel better. Instead I think why did I just put myself through that crap. Funny because before exercise was one of my hobbies. I loved lifting weights, walking, yoga, spinning, you name it, I'd try it willingly and didn't put up such a fight. Now it's all about the fight with me. So my weight is down to 145.2 which means I've lost 9.4 in 7 weeks. That's pretty good being that I don't exercise as much as I should and I've cheated more lately than in the beginning.
I started this whole plan not to lose weight but to improve my lungs. That's doesn't seem to be happening so I guess this has turned more into a weight lose program after all. I don't mind losing weight trust me I actually really enjoy losing weight and getting into smaller sizes and if I lose about 10 more pounds I will be at the weight I was when I moved to CT. when things seem to have started taking a slow downward fall. I am just a bit disappointed that things haven't improved with my lungs but hey it was worth a shot. That last sentence makes me sound like I'm giving up on the diet and don't be me wrong I'm not. I'm going to continue to stick to it and see Dr. Dhondup until January but if by then I don't really feel that I am not improving then I will continue the diet part and just stop the herbs and paying to see him. If anything at all at least I will be within 20% of my ideal body weight so that wont be a problem if later they decide to go ahead with the lung transplant.
This week is going too really prove if I have the will power to stick to this diet. I mean my parents and brother are coming here for the holiday and lets not forget Thanksgiving a day that is filled with food and wine. Some food I can have but most are not on my list. After last night and this morning with my stomach I swear I wont cheat anymore on this diet because my stomach is in knots but who knows if I'll be singing the same tune when it's actually in front of me. Plus we are going wine tasting and to Benihana's to celebrate their anniversary. So I think I'm pretty much doomed this week. Staying focused seems like it is going to be impossible. Time will only tell I guess. Well until next time.

Carmen San Diego

3 Comments:

  • At 10:19 PM, Blogger haggardmom said…

    Same thing happens to me now if I eat something I'm not supposed to... It's getting easier to resist as time goes on, but I still sometimes cave and then pay for it later LOL. As far as holiday/family gatherings, the thing that saves me is *tiny portions*... I eat almost everything offered, but only a small amount.

     
  • At 10:44 AM, Blogger Steven said…

    Pizza is the Joker to my Batman. ;)

    Steve~

     
  • At 5:57 PM, Blogger Rex White said…

    You ain't kiddin'... Pizza, Chinese, Mexican and McD's all get me. Once I give in, I give in again and again and again. Makes me mad at myself... but that doesn't to anything, either. Just have to get back on the wagon.

    Hope you're Thanksgiving was GREAT!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home