Good Times and Boxed Whine

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

10 inches donated



Well I finally got to my 10 inches to donate to Locks of Love. I am a little shocked at what little hair I have left but I feel so wonderful donating my hair to people who will lose it during their cancer treatments. I can't donate blood or do marathons like others because of my disease so this is the only thing I could do to "give back" to the community. So 2 years of growing it out (ever since we moved to San Diego, this has been my goal) and finally I reached the 10 inches they would allow.
All Dominic and Mike could say was "Wow" so I'm not sure if they really like it or not but I already told them that this was a once in a lifetime experience and that I was already "growing it out". The great thing about doing this is that I got rid of all my old dead split ends and my hair feels really really healthy so I'm happy about that. I'm glad I did it but I must say I think I'll never go this short again. I do like my hair much shorter than it was but this is a bit to short I think. Who knows maybe in a few days I'll grow to love it and I can already tell it's going to be cooler on my neck and less of a hassle in the morning.

Locks of love I hope you enjoy the curls I gave you,
Carmen San Diego
3 things I'm thankful for:
  1. Michelle the lady that cut my hair, because she had no clue I was going to do this and she was really patient with trying to give me as much hair as possible and still gave me a stylish look.
  2. Ambien because it has been a relief for me this summer since I have insomnia, but I am going to have to ask for a lower dose because what I am on is kicking my butt through out the day.
  3. My oxygen man, he really is patient with our request. I so need to give him a thank you note for all that he does for us (me).

3 Comments:

  • At 12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Carmen I think you look great! Wow I am very impressed that you grew your hair out for that. I would love to but my hair seems to grow so slow. I think you have inspired me to stick it out no matter how long. Miss you .

     
  • At 7:19 PM, Blogger Granny said…

    What a good thing for you to do. I like the new look.

     
  • At 11:45 PM, Blogger Laura said…

    I think you look beautiful with short hair, and that is wonderful that you were able to donate it to Locks of Love!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home