Good Times and Boxed Whine

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

my big call today!

Well I got a call today from UCSD, telling me that all the paperwork is done and that I am officially on the waiting list. She said to make sure I had a bag packed and a way to get to the hospital. That I can now be called at any moment. She didn't give me my score (ranking on the list), said that would come in the mail but that my blood type is A+ and that that is a much smaller list than the other blood types. So I'd be called sooner verses someone that is O+ or what not. So, as much as I'm ready to get a second chance at life. I'm sort of scared. My husband is away at the moment and if for some reason I was to get a call tonight, I really don't have a plan. I know I wont get a call probably for at least 6 months (all a guess but I could be wrong) I am just sort of freaking because we haven't finalized a few things, like my will and living trust that says " DO NOT TAKE ME OFF MACHINES, NO MATTER WHAT." I haven't even been to the hospital where they are going to do the procedure. I've always visited Dr. Yung at the UCSD in Hill Crest, but I'll need to go to La Jolla which isn't a big deal but I haven't even been there yet. So you know me I'm freaking out.
Man, I have a lot to do before this all happens. No not really. I just need to pack a bag, and get that living trust done. So tonight I'll pack a bag and I'll fill out the paper work for my living trust now and then all I have to do is get it signed my a notary or get an appointment with a JAG lawyer on base.
OK I'm officially having a panic attack. Must take 1/2 Valium and calm my nerves. Until I can think of something else to write.

Carmen San Diego

3 Things I'm happy for:
  1. The news that my wait will be less than others.
  2. My dogie, its her birthday today. She's so old. I just look forward to getting new lungs so I can walk this old dog again. We will be a good match; her and I.
  3. Dominic, he's been a big help since Mike has been gone. He really has helped out a great deal around the house and with me. I've been overly tired since Mike been gone and have had some terrible headaches. Why? Who knows but he's been a great helper. I love my boy, even when he's a pain in my rear end.

3 Comments:

  • At 6:35 PM, Blogger Granny said…

    Hoping the wait isn't too long.

     
  • At 9:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you can call me to go with you to the hospital if i'm in town. anytime. just know that i drive fast since i got my new car so we'll get there in no time. yvonnnnnnnnne

     
  • At 9:09 PM, Blogger haggardmom said…

    Wow, Carmen, this is very exciting news! I'll be keeping you in my prayers!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home