Good Times and Boxed Whine

Friday, September 28, 2007

How to start a weekend!

Dear Family and Friends,
I don't know the exacts yet but will know sometime next week. All that I do know is that I am ON the list. I will have more details like she mentioned in her email regarding my number (ranking on the list) and if I am getting a single or doublelung transplant but I am for sure on the list. The financial Coordinator told Michael and myself during our evaluation that Tricare Prime (our insurance) is the BEST and that I will have no problem with them. They cover 100% of all expenses.
You don't know how over joyed I am and can't control my tears of joy. I just feel that this is going to be my second chance at life with my family and friends. I am going to pray that the persons lungs I get, gets to enjoy their life to the fullest and then I will take over and live the rest of their life for them. My time will come for a set of lungs when it's time. I am not going to stress on the when, just that I am on the list and will one day breath again normally.
Getting a transplant doesn't mean I won't have any more walls to climb or that life will be peachy keen afterwords but again I'm not going to worry about the "What If's and the might happens" until it actually has to come to that. For right now I am just going to enjoy the fact that I may soon get a second chance at my life and that one day I will be able to walk with out oxygen, dance, sing, go out with friends and live a life like someone my age; 34..

Thank you all for all your prayers and support, I will keep you updated on everything I find out as I get it.

Overly joyed,
Carmen

Hi Carmen,

Of course I remember you! You were presented at Transplant Conference this week and were accepted, pending insurance review. The Medical Necessity Letter went out and we are ready to list you when the authorization comes in. We will call you on that day to let you know. But remember to live your life as we go along. You have done every single thing you can do and it is in someone else’s hands. Our financial coordinator keeps on the insurance companies to get the auth quickly. I would expect it sometime next week. Call me if you have other questions or just need reassurance!

See you soon!

Stephanie

Dear MS. Osborne,
Hello my name is Carmen Manning. I met you during my evaluation for a lung transplant and you told my husband and I if we had any questions; well one popped up. I was told last Wednesday by Dr. Yung after my heart cath. that they were going to present my case to the board on Tues. October 25,2007. My question is how long will it take before I get word, if you know? I am sitting on egg shells waiting for news and am driving my family and friends crazy (as anyone would I guess waiting for this important word). So if you can enlighten me on anything I'd love to know. If you feel better calling me regarding this my cell number. I don't mind however is you email me.

Enjoy your weekend,
Carmen


3 things i'm Happy for today:
  1. God hearing my prayers.
  2. Getting on the list
  3. having a chance to have my life back

1 Comments:

  • At 9:51 PM, Blogger Granny said…

    Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. May all go well for you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home